Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?

A. Creative writing.

2. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?

A. I regret not being able to have children and have for a long time, but I've learned to live with the fact.

3. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?

A. Who isn't?

4. When you are 80 years old, what will matter to you the most?

A. Whether or not my husband is beside me.

5. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?

A. When someone stops writing these weird kind of questions.

6. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

A. I'd be about 35 mentally and apparently 212 physically.

7. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

A. Yes.

8. What makes you smile?

A. My husband.

9. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

A. No.

10. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?

A. That we are all joined together; no man is an island unto himself.

11. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

A. That depends. Is it a healthy 40 years and then you drop dead on your birthday? Do you start aging and deteriorating at 20?

12. What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human?

A. Thumbs.

13. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose?

A. 1984, by George Orwell

14. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing?

A. More work that I actually enjoy doing.

15. What is important enough to go to war over?

A. Absolutely nothing.

16. Which is worse, failing or never trying?

A. Never trying. Although by never trying you avoid the failing part, so it's kind of a duel-edged sword. It's also part of my conundrum.

17. When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing?

A. I do breathing exercises at night when I have a hard time falling asleep, so not too long ago.

18. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

A. Think.

19. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you?

A. It used to mean marriage, two kids, a house, a yard, a white picket fence, and enough. We don't have that anymore. I don't believe in the American Dream now.

20. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?

A. I'm already a worried genius. I guess I'll stick with what I know.
__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. You are sadly correct that we no longer have an American Dream. Our children have no idea what that even means these days. Sadly, our society has allowed that dream to slip away. I am thankful that my children are fully aware that their dad and I have worked hard to own what we do and that they understand that life is full of struggles that you must learn from and work through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are so right on the American Dream. It is so sad. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's interesting to ask my students about the American dream. We're starting up that unit soon, I should write a blog post about our discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This worried genius agrees with you ... there is no “American Dream” anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! 212 physically...you cracked me up on that one. Though I understand completely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your answer for the American dream, have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 11 "As soon as you're born, you start dying, So you might as well have a good time." Cake- Sheep go to Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of great answers ... 15 is fantastic <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.