Sunday, August 12, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. You’re in a tattoo parlor about to get inked. What are you getting done?

A. I think I'd have a dragon.

2. If you could be any character, from any literary work, who would you choose to be?

A. I would be Nancy Drew. That's not exactly "literary" but "literary" is such a nebulous description. If that doesn't work, then I would want to be Molly Weasley from the Harry Potter series, and if I must be even more literary, then I shall be Galadriel from Lord of the Rings. Actually, maybe I'll just be Galadriel.

3. You’re given $10,000. There is one condition: you cannot keep the money for yourself. Who would you give it to?

A. I would give it to either my local library or to my alma mater. If I have to give it to a person, then I would divide it into 10 sets of $1,000 and go check with Social Services to see who would need it most.

4. If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

A. I would not have left my job at an attorney's office in 1985. I'd have stayed there. That means I'd have never been a news reporter, probably, but financially it would have offered more stability.

5. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?

A. Well, 2013 kind of sucked because I had surgery and 60 ulcers.

6. You’re an action movie hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?

A. My weapon of choice would be A Shout (from The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and basically a word spell), and after I defeated my arch enemy I would say, "I told you not to mess with me."

7. What is the first curse word that comes to mind?

A. F&ck. I'm afraid I overuse that one anymore.

8. Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with someone you love for ten years or someone you hate for a month? Explain why.

A. I would rather be stranded for a month with a someone I hate because I would only be there a month, which is a very short time compared to 10 years. Besides, I don't actually hate anyone and I would think that if you're stranded somewhere, after a few weeks you'd have to start cooperating. Or you could go to the other side of the island and be by yourself if you had to. Also, I would not want my loved one stranded somewhere, even if it was with me.

9. 5 things within touching distance:

A. A glass, a Burts Bees chapstick, a notebook, a ukulele, a box of tissues.

10. What are you supposed to be doing right now?

A. Exactly what I am doing.

11. Currently wanting to see anyone?

A. I always want to see my husband and my friends, but at the moment, after an overwhelming week, being alone has benefits.

12. Would you go against your moral code for money?

A. That rather depends on which part of my moral code I'm breaking. Break a little law like going over the speed limit? Sure, I would probably do that. Break a big law like killing someone? No, I would not do that. This question is too ambiguous to answer properly.

13. What’s more important to you: strength of the body or strength of the mind?

A. Strength of the mind. It would be nice to have both.

14. How important you think education is?

A. I think education is the most important thing in the world and the best thing a person can do for herself.

15. If you were the president, what would you do?

A. What a loaded question. I would ask Congress to implement universal healthcare (Medicare for all). I would ask for funding to increase the number of people overseeing government programs like welfare so that caseloads could be sufficiently managed. (I would cut out a few expensive military items to pay for that.) I would return the National Parks oversight to the government and take it out of private hands. I would return the EPA to its previous state (pre-#45) and increase scientific research funding for energy needs as well as healthcare needs, so that we could decrease our dependency on limited resources and instead switch to unlimited resources, like the sun, and cure diseases. I would increase taxes on people who make over $250,000 a year and lower them on people who make less. (Did you know that in 1945 the tax rate for high income earners was 86%? That is true. That was the year it was decreased from 90%.) I would improve educational opportunities for everyone through national college system of some sort. I would tax churches. I would improve roads and rail travel so that we are on par with better-developed countries like Japan and depend less on vehicles. I would like to make the United States a fairer place for everyone. But I will never be president so it really doesn't matter.

 __________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. I think question #4 is loaded. There are things I would do differently if given the opportunity but never regret. Regret doesn’t make things better it only holds you down by making you feel you failed yourself. I have not failed myself, I took a learning path of no mistakes and no regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I vote for you to be president??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! 60 ulcers! I bet you are glad to have that behind you. YIKES! Have a wonderful week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madame President, I wish to be on your Cabinet. I qualify for Secretary of the Interior, among other things.
    Great Sunday Stealing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But what you would do as President *does* matter because it reflects how you vote. So brava! And here's to a glorious blue wave of justice for all in November.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thrilled to read your answer to #12. I was thinking I was the only one who would even consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 60 ulcers! My word. I'm so sorry!

    And I'd like to join your cabinet too. I have more experience than most of the heads of cabinets now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.