Thursday, July 26, 2018

Thursday Thirteen

Here is a list of some of my favorite Disney movies:

1. Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs (1937)

2. Cinderella (1950)

3. Alice in Wonderland (1951)

4. One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)

5. The Parent Trap (1961)

6. The Jungle Book (1967)

7. The Fox and the Hound (1981)

8. Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)

9. Beauty and the Beast (1991)

10. Aladdin (1992)

11. Hocus Pocus (1993)

12. The Santa Clause (1994)

13. Toy Story (1995)

Extra: Finding Nemo (2003)

To be honest, I was surprised at the long list of Disney movies that I have not seen. Nor are they movies I particularly want to go out of my way to see. I've seen some that I did not put on this list, like the Herbie the Love Bug movies, the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, the Benjii movies, the Witch Mountain movies, and The Chronicles of Narnia movies. These are not bad movies but they are not favorites.

Disney for me brings back memories of Sunday evenings watching The Wonderful World of Disney on the TV with my grandparents. I remember Tinkerbell and the words "in color" being prominent at the time. I remember that more than the movies.

What does Disney mean to you?

______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 562nd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Sunday night Disney time with my grandparents was such a special time. I remember Tinkerbell most from that as well. We never went to the theatre much and so those movie nights were special! I love Disney movies, but you have highlighted some of the best. I loved the Witch Mountain movies though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those Sunday night memories. Seeing Tinkerbell fly across Cinderella's castle was the most exciting thing. I remember the "in color" bit, too. We also watched Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom right before it every week. As for the movies, I like the ones from my childhood and some of the newer ones. There was a long stretch there when Disney was kind of...meh. Then the Lion King happened. Wow. I took my son to see that one and was blown away. I like both versions of The Parent Trap...Dennis Quaid and Natasha Richardson are so darn cute as the parents in the new one. The Pirates movies are maybe not favorites (except the first one) but Johnny Depp is awesome as Jack Sparrow. I don't think they'd have been the same without him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not Bambi? I don't know which ones are Disney anymore. So many make so many quality cartoons. At one time it was pretty much just Disney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Disney brings to mind, for me, the Mickey Mouse Club with Annette and Bobby. I'm not a big Disney children's movie fan but do enjoy many of the Dream Works movies (for an older audience). Of course, living in Florida 45 minutes from Disney World... there is that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all of these, but I'd add Sleeping Beauty and Dumbo to the list of my favs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disney doesn't mean a lot to me, but Pixar does. I hope that Disney keeps giving it a free hand to develop Ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember watching Disney on TV on Sunday nights. And I also remember Wild Kingdom too. I liked to watch both. One of my favorite Disney movies was the original Freaky Friday with Jodie Foster. I also loved the original Parent Trap with Hayley Mills. Big old movie buff here, they weren’t very exciting but the stories were usually very good. The screwball comedies are my favorite! they We’re very smartly done, especially the Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn movies. I love the quick banter between them. One of my very favorite old movies is “Bringing Up Baby”.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.