Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. List five ways to win your heart.

A. (1) Be honest with me. (2) Don't use me. (3) Show me you care by calling me occasionally. (4) Give me something special. (5) Be kind.

2. Name something you feel strongly about.

A. This:



America is not the greatest country in the world anymore.

3. Give the title of a book you love.

A. The Wind in the Willows, by Kenneth Grahame

4. List five pet peeves.

A. (1) People who tailgate when you're driving. (2) Trash along the roadways. (3) Smoking (it sets off my asthma). (4) The fact that my husband thinks my kitchen counter is his depository for anything he brings in the house or has on his person. (5) Dogs in stores.

5. What did you eat today?

A. I have had a rough morning as I have TMJ and I woke up with my jaw locked up. It has finally returned to normal but it will be a soft food day, so I've had a Boost drink and an egg.

6. How important do you think education is?

A. Education is the most important thing a person can do for himself/herself and for society. Education is how you learn to tie your shoes, catch fish, and drive a car. It is how you frame your morality and how you understand the world around you.
 
7. Name five people you find attractive.

A. (1) My husband. (2) George Clooney. (3) Viggo Mortenson (though not so much when he's clean shaven). (4) The young Patrick Swayze (as in Dirty Dancing). (5) Sean Connery.

8. What did you wear today?

A. I have on a pair of sweat pants and a t-shirt.

9. Name something you always think “what if” about.

A. "What if" I had never met my husband?

10. Note something you’re proud of.

A. I have a nice long list of published articles - thousands of them, actually. I worked very hard to bring information to my community and to educate the public on topics that should have been of interest to them in order for people to make informed decisions and to better our area.

11. Name five items you lust after.

A. I don't "lust" after anything. I don't even particularly want anything.

12. List five words/phrases that make you laugh.

A. (1) Taters? What's tater's, Precious? (2) What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow? (3) Don't call me Shirley.  /// I can't think of anymore.

13. Give a quote you try to live by.

A. Do no harm.

14. Tell something you like and something you dislike about yourself.

A. I like that I am smart. I don't like that I am overweight.

15. Tell us about a problem that you have had.

A. Everybody has problems. One minor problem I have is that my driveway is nearly gone, thanks to heavy rains, and I almost wrecked the car yesterday when it slipped off what is left of the driveway and into a ditch. Fortunately I corrected appropriately. We really need to get a load of gravel in here.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. George Clooney is showing up quite a bit. It may say something about the demographics of bloggers who participate ;) And The Newsroom *sigh* One of my all-time favorite series, and yes - that scene ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might surprise you, but I LOVE that film clip. I have shared it many times over the years on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven’t read all of these, but so far, your comment on the importance of education is perfect.
    I don’t lust after anything either.
    I hope the TMJ ( That brute!) vanishes swiftly! {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clip is fantastic! I’m reading a book and if you haven’t heard of it I’ll post it in the side bar. I think it absolutely dissects what has happened to send our democracy into this abyss. Stay strong lovely friend. Americans can solve this but first we have to admit that what’s happening is NOT for the best. Take care.. much love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn’t call it a “lust after list” but I’ve only asked for three things for the past 3 1/2 years. To have my business grow and build to a nice amount. . Second that I’m able to take care of and be there for my mom until she passes, be that at home or in a nursing home. Last but not least,that the love I have in my heart be returned by someone who knows and appreciates it ‘s value and wants to have fun and enjoy every day laughing and sharing all that life brings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.