Sunday, April 01, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What are three things you need to buy?

A. New clothes, new sneakers, and new prescription lenses for my eyeglasses.

2. My biggest hope is . . . that I die in my sleep.

3. What was the last new thing you tried?

A. I made a chicken and egg noodle casserole.

4. What mood were you in today?

A. I have a headache and a sore throat, probably allergies, so I have been tired and a little grouchy.

5. What would be a better name for the color of goldenrod-colored paper?

A. Yellow.

6. Where did you get your silverware?

A. Some of it I received when we married 35 years ago, some came from Leggett's (a store no longer in business) and I think some of it may have come from Walmart. None of it is actually "silver."

7. What artifact from this past week would you have bronzed as a keepsake and heirloom?

A. I have no clue. A piece of lettuce from lunch with a friend?

8. What was the most recent ceremony you attended?

A. I guess that was my father's baptism, which took place about a year ago. I think I've been to a few funerals since then but I don't know if that's a ceremony.

9. What east Asian cuisine is good for your Seoul?

A. Um. I guess that's a joke, right? Right?

10. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

A. That kindness has to be its own reward. Basically, life sucks, and it is easier to be mean than kind, but I try to go for kind. I may not always be successful, but I don't want to be a mean person.
      
11. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?


A. Dieting.

12. What gets you excited about life?

A. Sunshine and unicorn farts.

13. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

A. Trips out with friends.

14. What does your joy look like today?

A. It is square and has a bedspread and pillows on it.

15. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?

A. I have no idea. That will depend on my health, whether or not my husband is still with me, and whether or not the U.S. is still a democracy or not.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of all kinds of things I could comment and then you went and wrote "sunshine and unicorn farts." Completely unexpected given the tone of your other answers today and I LOL-ed and lost all my thoughts. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it is allergies and that they aren't too severe.

    Sunshine and unicorn farts captured my fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I have never experienced unicorn farts, but if I did I imagine that would excite me too. As for Seoul, I figured that was the humor of the writer, so let it stand. I wonder what a bronzed lettuce leaf would look like...if we went with bronzed food from lunch with friends, I wonder what bronzed lemon chicken would look like!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.