Sunday, March 25, 2018

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Which one will it be?

A. I look at said switch, pull out my screwdriver, and dismantle it to make it useless, because musical expression should not be halted or stopped, regardless of how discordant the notes may sound to the ear. Even the chordless screech of a piano banged in frustration is an emotion that deserves to emote.

2. You seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. Holy crap, a hundred bucks! How are you gonna spend it?

A. I would go into the nearest store, report that I found some money (I wouldn't say the denomination), and leave my name and phone number for someone to call if they come looking for lost money. So the money would go home with me for safekeeping (I've left money with stores before and found out the employees had a party with it) and I wouldn't spend it. After 30 days or so I would put it in savings.

3. What is your favorite curse word?

A. Probably the F word, as it encompasses a great many issues and emotions. Plus it is just satisfying to say.

4. You can travel to any point in history. To what time are you traveling and what will you do when you arrive?

A. I would go back to the period of Joan of Arc and watch. Just watch. How do you go from heroine to being burned at the stake?

5. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?

A. I would become invisible. Oh wait. I'm an old lady, so I already am.

6. When did you last use your cell phone as a flashlight?

A. When the power went out a few weeks ago.

7. On a scale from 1-10, how comfy are you being naked?

A. 1, unless I'm in the shower. Then it's a 10.

8. When did you last use food or drink to enhance your mood?

A. I just had chocolate.

9. Give us a word that gets you excited.

A. Serendipity.

10. Now give us one that makes you squirm.

A. Assault.

11. What word makes you smile?

A. My husband's name.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. Re #2--you're entirely too honest! LOL. Good for you.
    The problem with going back to, say, the time of Joan of Arc is the way women were treated (and the smells, of course!)
    I also had to smile at your "invisibility" answer.
    And I just love how you show your love for your husband every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea on #2. I said I'd report the money, but didn't think about the dishonesty of the store employees. Your answer to #11 made me smile.

    I get what you are saying on #1. I still don't think it adds anything positive to life, but like free speech it is a right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with # 1. Joan got to the fire because of the “judgement” of others. I have the same answer for all three ( # 9-11) but I keep it private. Don’t feel too bad, I too have been invisible for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.