Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thursday Thirteen

Books I have read so far this year:
 

1. Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, by Kate Douglas Wiggin
  
 
 
2. The Apple Orchard, by Susan Wiggs
 
 
 
3. Love Letters, by Debbie Macomber

4. Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell

 
5. Hold Still, by Sally Mann
 

6. Smooth Operator, by Stuart Woods
 

7. The Practice House, by Laura McNeal
 

8. Truevine, by Beth Macy
 

9. Turbo Twenty-Three, by Janet Evanovich

10. Guilt by Association, by Marcia Clark
 

11. The Mutual Admiration Association, by Leslie Kagen

12. Fire is Your Water, by Jim Minnick
 

13. The Summer Hideway, by Susan Wiggs


Three of these are by area authors: Hold Still, Truevine, and Fire is Your Water. I know two of those three and the other went to my alma mater.

I went through a spate of reading children's books early in the year, when things were feeling dire and I needed some comfort reading.

These are not all of the books I have read this year. I am not reading as much as I once did, but I still read a great deal.

_________
 
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 517th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. I have not been able to read any this year. I miss it! Thanks to your inspiration I have written a little but not as much as I would like. My business, taking care of my mother and daily chores and surgery have taken up this year. I'm a dreamer so hope always springs eternal with me.I'll get back to escaping in reading soon... I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've read any of these, though I have read a few Susan Wiggs before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed by the list, some of which I have actually read. I've been wanting to read the Laura McNeal and the Jim Minnick books, since seeing them in Goodreads I guess. I'd be more bubbly but well, you know how it is from time to time. Big hugs from Cloudy (at the moment) California.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have outread me by a longshot...i had really planned to do more reading this year but have failed! i have been reading the same book since the beginning of summer...not that it's not good, just don't set time aside to pick it up :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold Still is a great title for a Sally Mann memoir. I'm going to look for that one at the library. I guess we have even more reason to run into each other so I can sign my book, Packing a Suitcase for the Afterlife. Floyd Jamboree?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.