Saturday, April 12, 2008

An Excellent Day


Thursday was a most excellent day.

The day was warm and the air clear. The recent rains had everything looking clean and pristine.

The tree blossoms were exquisite; they left my mouth hanging open in awe at the simple beauty of it all. The grass grew emerald green and the mountains had a tint of pink and green as the redbuds began to bloom and the oaks and elms begin to leaf out.

This wonderful day started out with a trip to the courthouse, where I did a little research (a favorite past time) and talked with friends who work there. Then I met briefly with my editor, who produced a box that someone had mailed to me.

A small present from a fan of my work, it was. I was pleasantly surprised.

I returned home for lunch, where my husband and I ate and had delightful conversation about the farm and the cattle.

Then I hopped back in the car. En route, I stopped in people's driveways and spoke with ladies I did not know as I asked if I could take pictures of their flowers and trees. They were enjoying the day, too, sitting back on their heels with their gloved hands dirty from weeding and planting.

Not a one turned me away.

I made my way to an interview, where the people I spoke with for my article were absolutely sweet and kind and wonderful to talk with.

The sky was a perfect backdrop for photos and I saw pictures everywhere I looked. It was as if my vision had cleared after being foggy for a long time.

Since this was the first day I'd been out and about for any length of time since I took ill in early March, I'm not so sure that analogy isn't spot on.

I returned home delightfully worn and happily tired by my excursion.

It really was an excellent day.

8 comments:

  1. Ya, it is Spring, even your picture made me sneeze. Ha! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how sunshine can make you feel. I felt the same way ;) Glad you're feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday was a great day in my county, too. One of those days to savor for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a great day Thursday. I look forward to feeling that effervescence again. I've got a bad cold and wouldn't mind if someone would just lop my head off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you had such a wonderful day! When I have days like that, it buoys me so that I stay up, even if the next day isn't so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very pleased to hear you had a nice time. Your photo is beautiful - as they always are here.

    See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thrilled Spring is here and look forward to all that it promises.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But what's in the box?

    I do remember this day. I love when everything clicks and the weather does seem to effect us all.

    Once when I first moved here and didn't understand that old farmhouses had brick ranches behind them, I stopped to pick flowers at what I thought was an abandoned house and a woman in boots chased me with a rake.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.