Friday, February 01, 2008

Ice Storm

As promised, I woke to ice and rain this morning. Fortunately yesterday I had enough sense to cancel several things I had scheduled today. I am not a drive-in-the-ice kind of girl anymore. I even have been too skittish to attempt to get the newspaper from the box. But then my driveway is about 1/4 mile long.



The above is my rose bush, taken with a flash in the wee hours. Note how green the branches are. I don't think the plant has ever really gone dormant for the season.



This is a cedar in my front yard. I took the photo from the front porch, where I was safe from the rain and falling icicles.



This is the tree in the back yard. The power has blinked only once so far. I am quite glad and a little amazed.



This is the forest out the back door. It is a very dreary day, with no sun bouncing off the ice diamonds to make things sparkling.

1 comment:

  1. It was the same here. Could not even make it out the door until next day. ...which isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.