Sunday, January 20, 2008

In the Spotlight

I thought I'd mention some of the bloggers I enjoy reading.

Check them out!

Ms. Eleneaous has returned after nearly a month's absence. Today she writes about her experience with a new computer that only had a two-month life span. A few days ago she had a brilliant entry about freelance writing.

Becky at Peevish Pen writes often about writing, poetry, farm life, etc. She and Ms. E. are two of four bloggers I have met in person.

The other two are Tom at Creativity blog, who also recently started posting again, and Fleitz at the Roanoke Firefighters blog. Tom writes about life, spirituality and takes good pictures and poetry; Firefleitz writes about the fire department. I met Tom at a council meeting; he may not even remember. I met Firefleitz when I picked up a copy of his book, Firefighting in Roanoke, as a present for my husband. He probably doesn't remember that either.

Jeff at Jefferson Street Realist posts about life in Roanoke. Today it looks like he's burning up the airwaves (blogwaves?) with words about music.

When I started seeking out the work of other area bloggers, one of the first I found was Colleen's wit and poetry over at Loose Leaf Notes. She has such enthusiasm about life that I always leave her site with a smile on my face.

Some newcomers to my must-read list (well, in the last six months or so, so they're not that new) are June at Spatter, and Beth at Blue Ridge Blue Collar Girl.

June, as best I can tell, lives in both Floyd County and in Florida. She writes great entries about a myriad of things - check our her January 19 entry about Huckabee for intriguing thoughts on that political candidate. She also does something she calls a Friday Fact. They are always interesting reading. Beth has been absent for a while but her January 14 entry explains that she is in the process of moving/buying/selling, etc., and all that entails.

If I had an award thingy I would offer it to each of these bloggers, but I don't. I hope you enjoy them all as much as I.

The others on my list on the right are also worthy of a mention - unfortunately, I've run out of time! Do take a look at their work sometime.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the kind words...I'm humbled my readers even stuck around ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tickled to be included and am feeling warm and fuzzy thinking that you enjoy my posts. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember you. Thanks for the mention. I check out the blog when I get a chance.

    Keep up the great work.

    Rhett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Country Dew! I decided to take a little break this morning from packing and read MY favorite blogs for the first time in weeks and saw that you'd mentioned me! I really appreciate it. I hope to be back blogging and reading about the interesting lives of my blogger friends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for that vote of confidence! I have a couple of newish blogs to check out now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.