Monday, January 07, 2008

Eat Carbs, Lose Weight

Eat Carbs, Lose Weight
By Denise Austin with Amy Campbell
Copyright 2005

I bought this and read it last fall and forgot to mention it.

It is a good book with exercises and a nice diet plan if you're not lactose and glucose intolerant (which I am). Also if you like to cook and try new recipes (I do not).

The exercises are good and I have always liked Austin's perky attitude about life. I will look this book over again for that reason. Unfortunately there are many items in the menu that I cannot (or do not) eat. When a diet is like that I generally can't stick with it.

This is much more sensible than many other diet books, I have to say. I wish I could follow it better.

3 comments:

  1. I have to try and very much limit carbs, sugar, etc. A bit trying if you are one hot bread Mama. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been searching for the flat abs diet book I heard about by Prevention magazine, I think that's who is was from. Some of the staples are avocados, nuts, olive oil, and my favorite, chocolate. Sounds like my type of diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting...you mean there's a diet book I DON'T have???!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.