Friday, November 30, 2007

Humbled

A few days ago, Beth over at Blue Ridge Blue Collar Girl handed me a Community Blogger Award. This award celebrates people "who reach out and make the blogger community a better one," as I understand it.


This is my first recognition ever for blogging. I am very humbled to be acknowledged because there is a lot of nice writing on the web, and a lot of people visit and offer stories and advice and friendliness.

Blogs create a nice community and I enjoy reading what people do and think and experience. I wish I had more time to spend on visiting other folks spaces so that I could "see more of the world," as it were.

The world is one big story and we're all characters in it, each important in our way to the patchwork that makes up the whole quilt. Without our individual achievements and efforts, there would be holes.

Another person whom Beth nominated was Shannon at Going Crunchy, who wrote a very nice entry about her award. I was not familiar with this blogger so I was happy to be introduced.

The award came to Beth via June at Spatter, another blogger I read. June has a lot of interesting things to say.

Beth is a gentle blogger who takes vivid pictures and has a great sense of humor. I delight in her entries.

In the spirit of moving this award along, I would like to recognize and give the award to:

Jeff at Jefferson Street Realist. Jeff writes about life with his young family. Some of his entries tickle me when he talks about his boy. Others are reverent and sad, such as when G'Diddy passed away. His writing rings true to me.

Ms. E. at Ms. Eleneaous in Roanoke. Ms. Elenaeous has an interesting take on life in Roanoke. Wait until you read about her house haunting. She's also one of two bloggers I have met in person!

Becky at Peevish Pen writes about writing and rural life. She's the other blogger I have shaken hands with!

Happy blogging, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind words about my blog, Country Dew. I think you are very deserving of this award--I love your writing and all the varied topics you address. I'll be eager to check out the bloggers you recognized! Thanks for the links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, CD! I'm thrilled. Now, if I could just find more time to tend to my blog.

    Your award is well deserved. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Dew, and thanks to exposing this city girl to rural life in such an entertaining and informative way. Thanks for the recognition too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Do you know how to put it on your sidebar? I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a well-deserved award!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.