Monday, July 23, 2007

Recalled Products

This is getting ridiculous. First I have to cull peanut butter from my shelves and now my hot dog chili can cause botulism.

I am 44 years old, and up until the last two years, I do not recall these issues with food items ever being this bad in this country. We used to have safety standards.

I know there are people out there who don't want to blame the current administration for these problems, but tell me, if it hasn't been a problem before but it is now, where else would you look?

Obviously the lessening of regulations, and/or the lack of people to make sure existing regulations are adhered to, is behind this. Corporations do *not* police themselves, and people and pets should not have to die to put commonsense precautions in place.

The public seems to be getting what it's asking for. Less taxes (though not really), little regulation, a free-for-all resulting in a magnficient divide between the rich and poor. I just hope it's not your kid or pet or my husband (who does love his hot dog chili) who ends up paying the ultimate price for it.

1 comment:

  1. i agree. but most chili sauce seems to cause botulism for me anyway. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.