Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

1. Overheard in Books-A-Million: "I ordered Harry Potter but I never got my card to present. I have to have that book when it comes in so I can read it! Can you check on my order?" The words were spoken by a wizened white-haired man.

2. The next Harry Potter movie comes out in July.

3. The seventh - and last - Harry Potter book comes out in July also.

4. I have the weekend of July 21 marked off on my calendar so I can spend that Saturday reading the book.

5. I didn't start reading J. K. Rowling's books until the fourth book, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, came out. Then I went back and read the others.

6. Now I am an avowed Harry Potter fan, but I tend to forget the details of the books.

7. The movies so far have been very well done.

8. Harry Potter has grown up a lot in the books and I appreciate the character development.

9. Rowling has a great play on words and her character names have been well-thought-out.

10. My closest friend has never read Harry Potter. Neither has my husband, although he goes to the theater to watch the movies with me.

11. Once when I was discussing Harry Potter with someone in a restaurant, a woman turned around and informed me I was going to hell because Harry Potter is stuff of the devil.

12. Her son or grandson, who looked to be about 13, told the woman it was only fantasy.

13. Kids can tell the difference between fantasy and reality. It seems to be adults who don't know the difference.

3 comments:

  1. I've only read the first book. I keep planning to read the rest but it seems I never have the time. I'll be old and grey before i get a chance. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: #11-13, I'd love to know the adults reaction to the son or grandson.

    We could solve a lot of problems in this world if we all listened to kids like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer: the books get a little darker as they go along. Fun reading though.

    Jeff: I smiled and thanked the boy and told him I was really glad to see that he was reading. His mother/grandmother simply glowered and said nothing. My friend also praised the young man. Immediately after they left.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.