Friday, May 04, 2007

No. 250

This is my 250th post. Which is not a lot compared to some but is a lot compared to others.

I began blogging in this blog in August 2006, but it was not my first effort. I had been blogging on AOL for two (or more) years prior when AOL changed its format. After some time I decided to switch to blogger and well, here I am. Whoopee.

Blogging is different from journaling or diary writing, though people compare them. For one thing, I am utterly aware that I have an audience, even if it is just one person. My journals, and there are many because I have always done some kind of introspective writing, were never meant to be seen. Not even by me sometimes.

With a blog I am keenly aware that something in here might come back to haunt me. I mean, what if I were to run for political office? Will I be answering stupid questions from reporters about what I meant in such and such an entry?

I don't find blogging hard, mostly because I have no great expectations for myself with this. I try to do it every day but I don't beat myself up if I fail. I never wrote in my journal every single day either.

I do miss my journal, that repository of thoughts, though. I stopped writing those kinds of entries long ago, well before I was blogging, though. But sometimes there are days when I think, I need to just write about so-and-so and get that event off my mind. Sometimes I do it, but since I have no place, no designated notebook or anything, I find myself at a loss with what to do with it.

Weird, I know.

Anyway, here's to 250. I'm raising a root beer in salute.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!

    Must dash - computer has gone completely nuts - strange noises have started from nowhere...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.