Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Favorite Font

I ran across an article on Slate today that asked writers what their favorite font was.

The only author they talked to with whom I was familiar was Andrew Vachss, and his work scares me so I don't read much of it.

He uses Courier.

I am partial to Times New Roman 12 pitch. This is not the blogger default.

This is Times New Roman.

This is Arial.

This is Courier.

This is Georgia.

This is Lucida Grande. I can't tell much difference between this and Georgia. One of these must be the blogger default.

This is Trebuchet.

This is Verdana.

This is a webdig. (These are webdings, which I didn't even know existed until just now.)

Mostly I just want what I am working on to be legible and "pretty" when it's printed. Sometimes when I am working on the screen, particularly at night when my eyes are tired, I might switch the pitch up to 14 or larger so I can see. But I don't do that very often.

I use a Microsoft Natural Keyboard and this is actually as important to me, if not more so, than the font. I need to be able to feel comfortable when I type for long stretches and a regular keyboard cramps my hand. I haven't typed on a regular keyboard in so long that I find it difficult to go back to one when I have to.

1 comment:

  1. 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.