Monday, December 11, 2006

You have changes

So I just moments ago answered the ringing telephone.

"Yes, Ms. F.? This is so-and-so, and you had your mammogram on the 21st of November, remember?

Well, the doctor's found some changes in your right breast and we'd like you to come back in for some more pictures."

Wow.

That's not exactly what I was expecting to hear when I picked up the telephone.

Changes doesn't mean anything's wrong, said the voice. The doctor just wants another look.

Really, I am not all that surprised. Honest. I stopped drinking caffeine completely in March and I thought that might make some difference. Changes, you know.

A difference, you know.

Nothing's wrong, and all that.

First available appointment's not until Friday afternoon, of course. So you have five days to not worry. But I'll know something before I leave there.

Friday afternoon.

1:30 p.m.

Changes. Different.

Gulp.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, no wonder you have been so glum. What are we going to do with our health situations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I didn't realize I had been glum; I will have to do better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.