Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Shooting the moon II

Last night I went out about 7 p.m. with the Kodak Z710 and a tripod.

Prior to venturing out, the Kodak tripod, brand new out of the box, and a gift from my husband last Christmas that I'd never opened, fell apart when I took it out of the bag.

Undaunted, I snapped off an e-mail to Kodak complaining about their product, then grabbed the duct tape.

Outside with the camera, it was about 25 degrees and very cold. I steadied the camera on the flimsy tripod, careful to wrap the camera leash around my wrist in case the tripod collapsed. Then I moved from setting to setting, snapping pictures.


I was shooting through the trees, partially in the hopes of getting something in the picture that looked interesting. I love moon shots but I love moon shots with things of the earth in them even more.

This is with the digital zoom, not the optical zoom, and it appears that using the digital zoom is what I need to do. Alas, the Kodak Z710 has no image stabilizer and even with a tripod, things apparently shake.





Playing with the settings gave me this ghostly shot, which I then brightened up a tad in MS Picture It.




Below is a collage of several of the nearly 50 pictures I took. Still learning am I.


I think I will one day shoot the moon, but maybe not this month.

1 comment:

  1. I got some shots too. But it never quite translates. I guess I need better equipment. Don't we just love our moon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.