Saturday, August 31, 2024

Saturday 9: Morning Train



 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Sheena Easton sings about her lover, who takes a train to and from work each day. When is the last time you took public transportation? Where did you go?

A. I can't remember the last time I took public transportation. Maybe on a vacation when we took a tour in Asheville? That would have been in 2008.

2) His workday begins at 9 and ends at 5. Do your days stick to a predictable schedule?

A. No. I get up about the same time every morning and go to bed about the same time every night, but the stuff in the middle is a muddle.

3) In the evening, she sings that they may go to a movie, a restaurant or slow dancing . . . whatever she wants. Which of those would you choose?

A. A restaurant.

4) As a little girl, Sheena Easton performed at family gatherings, not just because she was talented but because she could be a bit of a ham. When you were a kid, were more often shy or outgoing?

A. I have always been shy, which considering what I have done in my life is weird. I was in a rock band, and I was a news reporter. I don't think those are high on the list of things to do for shy people.

5) In the late 1980s she was the spokeswoman for Bally's health clubs. Do you have a gym membership?

A. I do not have a gym membership.

6) In 1987 she played Sonny Crockett's love interest on Miami Vice. Were you a fan of the show?

A. Not really. I watched it a few times but it wasn't "must see" TV.





7) This weekend is a good reason to have a picnic or barbecue. The best-selling barbecue sauce flavors are sweet, spicy, and smoky. What's your favorite?

A. I don't eat barbecue often so I do not have a favorite.

8) Labor Day weekend may offer a golden opportunity for napping and sleeping in. Do you snore?

A. Sometimes I snore. My husband calls them "kitty cat" snores.

9) Labor Day traditionally marks the beginning of the fall. Will you be adding any new fall clothes to your wardrobe?

A. Adding new clothes to my wardrobe is not planned but it is something I need to do. 

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

5 comments:

  1. I hope you get to go our to eat soon and maybe a little shopping too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping but not in the malls anymore...in fact I prefer shopping local stores and buying as many free trade clothes as I can afford.
    I love going out to eat but i too am not a huge fan of BBQ.
    We use public transportation when we are in Boston.
    I enjoyed your Saturday 9! happy long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your answers, have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. #8...well, if he's going to lie about it at least it's kind of a sweet little lie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 When I was in grad school they asked me what do you think your worst trait would be for as a social worker, I answered that I’m shy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.