Sunday, July 12, 2020

Sunday Stealing: Movies

Sunday Stealing

1. Last movie you watched: Green Book

2. Last movie you watched in a theater: Wonder Woman

3. Film you’ve always wanted to watch, but haven’t: Crazy Rich Asians

4. Favorite movie soundtrack: Forrest Gump

5. Your favorite movie duo: Aragorn and Legolas from The Lord of the Rings. (What, you thought I'd say Batman and Robin?)

6. Movie you like because of its story: Under the Tuscan Sun

7. A film that disappointed you: The Hobbit. It was nowhere near as good as The Lord of the Rings.

8. Favorite scene from a movie: The ending of The Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, when Aragorn, now king of Gondor, tells the Hobbits, "My friends, you bow to no one," and he bows down to them, as does the rest of the people there. I always cry at that scene, even though I've seen it at least 20 times.

9. Your guilty pleasure movie: Dirty Dancing.

10. A movie you keep going back to: Steel Magnolias.

11. A quote you admire from your favorite movie: "It is the small things, everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of love and kindness." - Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

12. A movie based on a true story: Green Book.

13. Your favorite actor/actress: I don't really have one.

14. A sequel you’re not a fan of: I thought the last Shrek movie was poorly done.

15. A film you know by heart: The Lord of the Rings (all 12+ hours of it).

16. Your favorite opening scene: I can't think of one.

17. A film that was based on a book and was executed well: The Lord of the Rings.

18. A comedy film: Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

19. TV series you’re binging on now: Stargirl.

20. A TV series you think is underrated: Supergirl. Up until this last season, when it became a bit convoluted, it has had very good writing.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them. 

9 comments:

  1. Wow...lot's of good movies on your list! I did like the LOTR's movies but only watched them once...the DVD's were our sons and went with him when he moved out. Under the Tuscan Sun is a really good movie. Monty Python and The Holy Grail...classic comedy at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all your answers,
    especially #8.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the first time I saw The Holy Grail, in the theater. We all laughed so long and so loud and we were quoting it for weeks (months, years) afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. never heard of stargirl... going to look for that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting; I've never heard of Stargirl or Supergirl. I love Call the Midwife, but suspect you would no, since about 80% of it is women giving birth, though the story of the midwives is fun, if you enjoy soap operas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choices. I’m another Lord of the Rings fan

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Two Towers is my favorite, great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fellow LOTR junkie :) Me too with #8, no matter how many times I've seen Return of the King. I also tear up at Sam's speech in The Two Towers: "there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for." So. Freaking. Prescient.

    You need to watch Crazy Rich Asians!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lost track of Supergirl when the show changed days. I did enjoy the stories the first two years.
    Glad to know what you thought about the Hobbit. I liked The Hobbit more than I did The Lord of the Rings, which I suspect now is because I had a difficult time tracking the characters in the latter so only finished the first book. (If I had, this is decades so what do I really remember?) Anyway, I did enjoy The Lord of the Rings movies, but I had no interest in watching The Hobbit when the film makers announced the movie would be 3 parts. Hmmm, maybe I'm missing out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.