Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing: The Book of Questions

Oh! I actually have this book. It's rather old, copyright 1987. But it sits on my "reach immediately" shelf by my desk. It's by Gregory Stock. I didn't know there was an updated version. Might have to order that.


1. Do you think the world will be a better or worse place 100 years from now?

A. I think it will be worse, depending upon perspective. If humanity destroys itself, which I think will happen, Gaia will give a mighty sigh and start all over again in her search for a sentient being to transcend that which we reject. If humanity does not destroy itself, I expect endless wars, battles over resources, climate disturbances, and many sad, ill, hungry, neglected, depressed and unsettled people, all of whom will still be arguing with one another over whether or not the earth is flat.

2. Would you accept $1,000,000 to leave the country and never set foot in it again?

A. I don't know. Ten years ago I would have said no, but I'm not so sure about that now.
 
3. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the body or the mind of a 30 year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?

A. I would want the body, because having bad physical health sucks. I will have to hope my mind holds out.

4. What would constitute a “perfect” evening for you?

A. A lot of attention from my husband, with him fixing dinner, and a cuddle on the sofa while we watch a good movie, and then when he falls asleep (as he is wont to do), I will read.

5. Whom do you admire most?  In what way does that person inspire you?

A. I admire women who are strong and who have persevered and overcome what life has thrown at them. I know some of them personally and there are many in the world who fit that description.

6. Do you prefer being around men or women?  Do your closest friends tend to be men or women?

A. I prefer to be around women and my closest friends, aside from my husband and brother, are women.

7. If you could use a voodoo doll to hurt anyone you chose, would you?

A. Oh Jeez. My better angel says no. My little devil says yes. With that kind of power, one could change the world.

8. What is your most treasured memory?

A. Honestly, it is a time when my brother told me he wouldn't want to live without me. I have mentioned it before. We were quite young - around 11 and 8, I think.

9. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?  Is there anything you hope to do that is even better?  (Let’s exclude raising children, if you have them.)

A. My greatest accomplishment, aside from my marriage, is obtaining a good education, followed by putting it to use in writing for the local newspapers. I know I never reached the heights of greatness with my work, but I was happy.

10. If you went to a dinner party and were offered a dish you had never tried, would you want to taste it, even if it sounded strange and not very appealing?

A. After I asked about the ingredients, I would taste it if there was nothing I am allergic to in it.

11. Do your close friends tend to be older or younger than you?

A. My close friends tend to be a few years older than I. Actually most of them are, even now.

12. How do you feel when people sing Happy Birthday to you in a restaurant?

A. Luckily, it doesn't happen.

13. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate or embellish it?  If so, why?

A. It depends on the audience. If I am trying to hold the attention of children, I might add embellishment.

14. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?  Can you be allowed to be on time?

A. I have a friend who is frequently late, and once I realized it was a pattern, I simply planned it into the time frame. I don't understand the last part of the question. Of course you can be allowed to be on time.

15. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, or personal secretary, which would you choose?

A. I would have a personal secretary who had a secondary attribute of being a personal trainer and a third attribute of being able to cook. Actually, what is being described is a wife. I could use a wife. My husband has one and it doesn't seem fair that I don't have one, too.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. I’m sure your brother still feels the same after all these years and I like your last answer. Hope the clot is dissolving and remember if you need anything just text . I’d be glad to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answer to #9 was perfect. I, too, have never achieved greatness but I do enjoy the work that I do.

    Before my mother got Alzheimers, I would have said "body" too...but having watched her brain turn to mush, I definitely don't want that--nor would she, if she had enough brain matter left to understand what is going on with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I like that thinking. I want a wife, too! And yes, we do often seem to have similar answers. I'd like to think we could be friends in "real life." I suppose it would depend on whether or not we can put the political stuff behind us. I know we often think differently on it, but before things got so heated between everyone during the 2012 elections (and onward) I had friends with all kinds of beliefs. It never seemed to be a deal breaker when we were younger. I wish it wasn't so often now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the guys at work called me his work wife.

    We were not amused.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.