Friday, April 19, 2019

Sing a Song

Volatility is the word of the day. We've had tornado watches and warnings all over, with strong storms moving through and a tornado touch down in Franklin County, only 40 minutes away. Scary stuff when you're home alone and you have no basement.

The song that comes to mind today is Weather Channel, by Sheryl Crow.



Weather Channel
By Sheryl Crow

Sunny morning
You can hear it
Siren's warning
There is weather on both sides

And I know it's coming
Just like before
There's a black dog
That scratches my door

He's been growling my name saying
You better get to running
Can you make it better for me
Can you make me see the light of day

Because I got no one
Who will bring me a
Big umbrella
So I'm watching the weather channel

And waiting for the storm
It's just sugar
Just a pill to make me happy
I know it may not fix the hinges

But at least the door has stopped it¹s creaking
I got friends
They're waiting for me to comb out my hair
Come outside and join the human race

But I don't feel so human
Can you make it better for me
Can you make me see the light of day
Because I got lab coats

Who will bring me a panacea
While I'm watching the weather channel
Waiting for the storm
You won't want me

Hanging around the birthday pony
Even though it's just a game
You know we are the same
But you¹re the better faker.


Songwriters: SHERYL CROW
© Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., RESERVOIR MEDIA MANAGEMENT INC

For non-commercial use only.

_____________________

Linking up with Kwizgiver's April Challenge. You can find the prompts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.