Friday, September 21, 2018

Renovations, Exterior

The work continues today on replacing the windows and doors. The saw is singing its whining high-pitched screech even as I type this. However, they are in the garage now so I am a bit more insulated than I was when they were in the house proper.

It is very hard to concentrate in a construction site.

Here are exterior shots of the back side of the house. They still have to replace the front door.

This is what the exterior looked like prior to installation:


French door with shutters.


Kitchen window


Most of the back of the house showing the double windows.
Here are pictures of the exterior of the newly installed windows and back door:


We switched from a French door to a patio door. We think it will give us a little more room.
I put some window stickers on there because I am afraid the animals will become confused by the glass. We haven't decided what to do there as far as shutters or curtains or whatever.


New kitchen window. Different angle. The colors are similar but these Pella windows offer more glass space and less white area.

New double window.

The new door and the kitchen window.

This part of the renovation project should end next week. Hopefully it will cut down on drafts and heating. We also found several areas of rotten wood and concealed mold, which we cleaned up and sprayed down with mold elimination stuff. This should also help my allergies and sinus issues considerably in the long run. I sure hope so, anyway.

We still do not have install dates for flooring. That is aggravating and I am starting to question our choice of provider. We can't plan anything because we have no clue when the floor installation will begin. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.