Wednesday, April 11, 2018

I'm Still In Love

I have been married for 34 years and 5 months.
 
How nice to be able to say, with total certainty, that my husband and I are still in love.
 
I know this because we are careful with one another. We treat each other with respect. We hold hands while we watch TV. We laugh over the same silly things. We have long discussions about the state of the nation, the farm, the deer in the pasture.
 
He rubs my stomach every night  in the way that the physical therapist showed him, trying to help me stretch out the scar tissues that have knotted my inner muscles and that threaten to cause an immediate emergency by throttling my innards.
 
As for me, I wash his clothes and fix dinner, take care of his home, try to make us a nice nest. I'm pretty sure I'm not the easiest person in the world to live with, for I can be moody and distant sometimes. But then, so can he.

We are, after all, just humans.


__________
This essay is part of the the April challenge from Kwizgiver. April 11 done! (Discuss your current relationship.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm only a couple of years behind you. We still walk hand in hand, hug and kiss often, and generally embarrass our kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 34 years with your love and best friend! I’ve waited my whole life to find a love and friendship like yours ... I never thought till recently I could have that kind of relationship with anyone or a happy life. I recently started to let myself think in time maybe a few years, everything would work out for me. This past year has been the happiest I have ever been disspite it being the hardest for me personally. I am in love with a good man ,one who challenges me to be my best and has taught me so much about life and love. If he only knew how much I truly appreciate him everyday . He is my hero and been there for me in ways he’ll never know and I can never repay. I wish more than anything he would decide to let me in his life ( only when he is ready) . Give me a chance to really show him love, truly be apart of his life not just a dalliance... Reguardless, It is what it is and I’ll keep loving him ... always.❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.