Saturday, March 17, 2018

Saturday 9: Danny Boy

Saturday 9: Danny Boy (1956)

"Danny Boy" was selected in honor of St. Patrick's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) This is a sad song of farewell. Who is the last person you said "goodbye" or "so long" to?

A. I told my husband goodbye as he went to feed the cows.

2) According to the 2000 Census, Massachusetts is the state with the largest percentage of residents of Irish descent. Have you ever been to The Bay State?

A. No. I've been no further north than New York.

3) "The wearing o' the green" is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear something green in honor of the day?

A. I doubt it.

4) What color makes you look best?

A. Blue.

5) Will you drink something green in honor of the day (like a Shamrock shake or a green beer)?

A. No.

6) A four-leaf clover is considered good luck. Do you have a lucky charm?

A. No.

7) Though she's singing an Irish ballad, this week's featured artist, Joni James, is of Italian heritage. Can you think of a song as identified with Italy as "Danny Boy" is with Ireland?

A. When the moon hits your eye like a big piece of pie, that's amore.

8) Soda bread and potato bread are popular in Ireland. Are there any rolls or bread in your kitchen right now?

A. Yes.

9) Ireland is known for its whiskey. Do you enjoy Irish coffee (black coffee, whiskey and whipped cream)?

A. No. But I like decaffeinated Irish tea.

_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

7 comments:

  1. Another vote for "That's Amore!" I've had it -- and not "Danny Boy" -- running through my head since I answered the question. Not very St. Patrick's Day, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stuck on Amore like The Gal...and I seem to only be able to think it in Dean Martin's voice. LOL I'm a tea drinker, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had Deano singing that song in my head for the last two hours.. 🤯
    I don’t have a luck charm, either. There is that saying..” If I didn’t have bad luck, I’d have no luck at all”. I’m down with that..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got O Sol O Mio stuck in my head (that's the only part of the song I know, unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete
  5. #6 -- how about your "dammit" doll! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have cows. When we first moved to our current house six years ago, there were a lot of places around us with livestock - cows and goats and horses. Lately, though, the developers have moved in and the livestock is rapidly disappearing. City life is creeping up on us. Not sure how I feel about that.

    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have picked Amore instead of the one Google suggested

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.