Sunday, January 07, 2018

Sunday Stealing: End of Year Questions

Sunday Stealing


End of Year Questions

1. What did you do last year that you had not done before?

A. We went to Virginia Beach and had a good time. Now, we have been to Virginia Beach once before, but we did not have a good time. So that was different.

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?

A. I didn't set any resolutions last year. The only "goal" I have set for this year is to be showered and dressed by 9 a.m. I managed it until January 6, when I was up most of Friday night with a horrible cough, so I slept in a bit Saturday. I was dressed before 10 a.m., though, and given how sick I am I consider it a win.

3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or become pregnant?  Or adopt?

A. No one comes to mind. I'm sure someone did.

4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness/injury?

A. Lots of people are dying that I know these days. Not anyone close to me, really, but we are of the age when folks start keeling over. Some of my high school classmates are starting to die. That's scary. I have a close friend who has a serious illness. I worry about her.

5. What places have you visited?

A. Last year we went to Virginia Beach. If you want the whole list, I've been across the U.S. via car to California and back, thus going through a lot of states, I've been north as far as New  York City, and south to Florida. I've visited Spain and France.

6. Any new pets? Lost a pet?

A. We lost a cow last year, and have already lost one this year. We think she had a brain aneurysm. No new pets, unless you count the new baby calves, but they're not really pets.

7. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)?

A. I would like good health and some kind of creative busy work.

8. What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why?

A. My father was baptized in the early part of the year. If you knew my father, or the father he was when I was growing up, anyway, you'd know why that was remarkable.

9. What was your biggest achievement last year?

A. Hitting 10,000 steps on Fitbit. That sounds really trite but consider that in 2013 I could only manage 2 minutes on a treadmill. In March, when I first got the Fitbit, I was doing about 2,500 steps. Now I manage 5,000 steps daily, frequently more than that, and am getting in at least four days of 20 minutes of "moderate activity" as rated by Fitbit. So improved mobility. Plus I have made it a goal to hit 5,000 steps every day and so far am mostly making it.

10. Did you get sick or injured?

A. I am always sick or injured.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A. I finally got a smartphone! Yay!

12. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, medical care, basic clothing, transportation and shelter)?

A. Into savings.

13. What song will always remind you of last year?  Doesn't have to be a song released last year.

A. "I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar."

14. What do you wish you would have done more of?

A. More writing and reading.

15. What do you wish you would have done less of?

A. Playing video games. I think I'm addicted.

16. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations?

A. My favorite new movie was Wonder Woman. I stayed tuned in to Game of Thrones.

17. What was the best book you read this year?  How many did you read?

A. I read 20 books last year (the least I can remember ever reading) and I think the best one was probably Guilt by Association, by Marcia Clark.

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently?

A. I turned 54 and I don't think we did anything special.

19. What political or social issue stirred you the most?

A. All of them. Locally, I worked behind the scenes to help a candidate win an election.

20. Who was the most interesting new person you met?

A. Nobody comes to mind.

21. Describe how a relationship changed.

A. Sometimes that is no one's business.

22. Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year?  How so?

A. No. I'm a bit healthier. Not much, but some.

23. Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain.

A. Trumped.

24. How have people around you changed?

A. People seem to be a lot meaner and more quick to anger.

25. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts)

A. That the people you think are trustworthy frequently are not.

26. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? What was your favorite thing you made?

A. I learned to crochet. I knitted a couple of scarves and finished those. I haven't finished the crochet piece.

27. What changed about your physical appearance? (Hair? Wrinkles? New makeup style? Etc)

A. I just aged. My hair is whiter. I gained weight, too, inexplicably. Well, I mean, obviously I ate more but it didn't seem like it.

28. What are your hopes and dreams for the new year?  (Some suggestions-family, travel, work, lifestyle, hobbies, pets, appearance)

A. I would like to lose weight (it would help if I try), exercise more, write more, and take a nice vacation to someplace different. We'll see how it goes.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. I hate that we are at that age where I now check the obituaries rather than marriage and birth announcements. My graduating class has been losing members like crazy the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how similar so many of our answers are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot that a "real" vacation is on my list for goals this year. Not just weekend trips, but a REAL vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fit bit stuff is quite impressive. I'm asking for one of those as a late Xmas present.
    You have the PERFECT one word answer to #23!
    I think you are right about the tension in our people, and it ranges all over the place, east to west and north to south. This has not been a good thing. I just hope some a**hat doesn't start another war to "unite" us all. It's been done....
    Congrats on your knitting, and your crochet. You've inspired me to get MOVING> The time is Nigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Instapot is a combination pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, saute pan, food warmer, etc. https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Muti-Use-Programmable-Pressure/dp/B01MFEBQH1/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1515429583&sr=1-1&keywords=instant+pot+lux I'd been loooking at them and reading glowing reports, but couldn't rationalize the cost until Amazon had it on sale and on top of that offered me a $70 gift certificate if I got one of their credit cards, which I will never use. It brought the cost of the pot down to $9 -- an offer I definitely could not refuse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.