Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) This song was inspired by a note WHAM! partner Andrew Ridgeley left for his parents. He accidentally wrote "go" twice. What was the last handwritten note you left for someone?
A. A phone number for my husband when someone called about hay.
2) Born Georgios Panayiotou, George Michael was the son of the Greek restauranteur in East London. When you think of Greek cuisine, what comes to mind?
A. Olives. I am not good with food questions, I don't know the difference between cultures as far as food goes. If it tastes good, I eat it, if it doesn't, I don't.
3) He was a terrible driver and admitted his license was suspended a number of times. Have you ever lost your license?
A. No. I did have to attend a driver's education seminar because I topped a hill and rear-ended a vehicle stopped on the other side. I bruised myself up pretty good.
4) WHAM! partner Andrew Ridgeley, on the other hand, is a talented driver who got to live his fantasy by racing Formula Three in Monaco. There are companies that sell racetrack driving experiences that allow you to spin around the track at dizzying speeds. Is this something you like to try?
A. My husband did that just this fall. We went to Pocono Race Track where he went around the track at about 140 mph or something. I watched.
5) In 1990, Frank Sinatra famously gave George Michael advice. Ol' Blue Eyes told the younger man to enjoy his fame, to remember all those lean nights traveling from gig to gig by bus and, now that he's successful, "loosen up and swing, man." Who last gave you advice? Did you take it?
A. My friend T. last gave me advice and yes, I took it, mostly because the advice was, "Anita, go take your medicine" and it was past time for me to do that anyway.
6) Mr. Michael's neighbors have reported since his passing that he seemed to live rather quietly, and that they usually saw him when he was out walking his three dogs. Tell us about the last time you spoke to one of your neighbors.
A. My neighbor called me about a week ago to give a report on her partner, who is 93 years old and in poor health. The neighbor herself is in her late 70s and had shown up on my doorstep before the holidays terrified her friend was going to die, and she had me write up an obituary and go through my photos to find a nice picture of her. I obliged. But so far the old gal is hanging in there. **UPDATE** At noon today I received a call from the neighbor that her friend had passed away. I am sad.
7) Fansites tell us that George Michael's favorite cereal was cornflakes. What breakfast cereals are currently in your kitchen?
A. Rice Krispies, Chex, and Cheerios.
8) In 1984, when "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" was popular, Murder, She Wrote premiered on CBS. Today it's still seen in reruns all over the world. Are you a fan?
A. I don't watch it now, but I didn't think it was a bad show on its initial run.
9) RANDOM QUESTION: What's your secret to a good night's sleep?
A. Drugs. I know that is not a lot of help. The other thing I do is count backwards from 10 and then when I hit one I open a door and go into my imaginary world, which is very calm and sedate.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.