Monday, December 09, 2013

Our World In Ice

We had an ice storm yesterday and into the night. I took these photos today (12/9/13) around 8:10 a.m.


Ice on the trees.


Dangerous, but beautiful.


Surreal landscape.



Icicles hanging from the house.


An ice-coated pine.



Icicles hanging from the lights on the side of the house.


Ice on the deck. Not a good morning for walking outside!


Ice weighing down the netting I use as fencing to keep the deer out of my roses.


Ice on my garden globe.

9 comments:

  1. Pretty slippery out there this morning. Hope everyone is just staying home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it is so very pretty. But as I told my sis, please just stay home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice storms do create some beautiful photo ops. But they should make it a bear to get around. Better to say inside if possible. Have a safe day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice is so beautiful, but such trouble. We had a bit this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and dangerous, just as you say. Thanks for the beauty shots and the memories. That was a huge storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As you said, dangerous but beautiful. Love the pic of the ice-coated pines. Thankfully, no ice storms here, though we have had more than ten inches of snow so far this month (three above the norm).

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy your comments and always appreciate the opportunity to visit the blogs of my readers. I hope you have a great day!