Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thursday Thirteen

I can't decide whether to write about Christmas or the supposed ending of the world tomorrow. What a conundrum.

Maybe I will write about 13 things I will do if the world doesn't end? Or would miss if the world does end? Oh, let's just write and see what happens.


1. In the meadow we could build a snowman! If the world doesn't end and it snows, that is.

2. If the world ended, I would be saved the sadness of discovering, as I seem to do more and more, that people always disappoint me.

My nephews.
3. If the world doesn't end, I will get to watch my husband open his presents. Yay. I wouldn't have spent that money for nothing.

4. We won't have to worry about the state of the nation, if the world ends. Which might be a good thing, given the state that it is in.

5. I will bake cookies, if the world doesn't end.

6. Pollution will become a thing of the past, if the world ends. I wonder what truly clear skies look like. Will the blues be bluer? The moon more white?

7. Fudge-making is also in the works, if the world doesn't end. I think I might miss fudge (or any chocolate) if the world does end, and I still have any consciousness about me.

8. Houses will crumble, cities will fall, and the green of the earth will slowly creep back over the granite and concrete. Eventually Mother Nature takes it all back, no matter how hard we fight (unless the earth blows apart completely). So if the world ends (which is really a way of saying "if humanity dies out" because we are after all the sentient beings on the planet), the next sentient beings on the planet will find things overgrown, lush, and jungle-like, I suppose. I wonder how long that will take, to have sentient beings on the planet again.

9. I have plans with friends and family for the days following the Mayan prophecy. So if the world doesn't end, I plan to be in the presence of loved ones.

10. If the world ended, I would never have to watch another TV show. I wouldn't miss that much at all, but I would miss books and reading. Of course, I will be part of the ending so really wouldn't miss much of anything, now would I?

I don't know what this is, but I would miss reading it.
11. Since the world isn't going to end, I plan to continue on with my life as usual. Though I suppose I should point out that the world ends for someone, somewhere, every day. People pass away every day.

12. This has gotten depressing, and its the holidays, so this is the end of this post!

13. Merry Christmas, dear readers, if you celebrate, and Happy Holidays or Have a Good Day if you don't. I wish for you a long and happy life, full of joy and only tinged with a little sorrow (for how else would you know the joy?). May all your days be Merry and Bright, from now until the next Doomsday.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!



Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 273rd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

12 comments:

  1. As I write this, it's already Friday in New Zealand. So... There ya go, I reckon. :)

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, Anita. It amazes me the people who get all bent out of shape over this whole "end of the world" thing. I keep telling them only one person knows when that day will come, and it sure isn't the Mayans. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. End of the world, eh? Which end would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, i enjoyed your list very much today!! merry christmas anita, to you and your family...in case the world ends ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. well-done. since athe world could end any day for anyone, think that sums up to daily fudge, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, if the world ends, does the afterlife also?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made fudge last night, and plan on making cookies later today, since we have a snow day. You could build an entire batallion of snowmen in my front yard--we have at least a foot of snow so far, and it's still coming down! Let is snow let it snow let it snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it doesn't sound that bad. I guess we should be okay either way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas to you. I'm not making fudge this year. Because the kids want it and then go home and leave it with me. And I can resist anything but temptation. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ironic since we are now experiencing our first real snow of the year.


    Have a great rest of your day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/12/cencus-dept-data-on-the-holiday-season-2012/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tomorrow is today in my part of the world and I'm scrubbing my bathroom and putting up my tree. "from now on until the next doomsday" got me laughing! What a climax!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm here commenting, so that means the world didn't end! :) Happy TT! And Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.