Thursday, June 09, 2011

Thursday Thirteen


Last week I saluted my husband for his birthday and did not recite my list of good things that happened in May, so I will do that now.

1. I received As in both of my classes for final grades. I have a 4.0 with two classes and a thesis to write to graduate. I am really hoping I can keep the grades up!

2. I joined Weight Watchers in late May and began seriously dieting. As of Sunday, I had lost four pounds.

3. I read a few books, including Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier, which was great, People of the Book by Gwendolyn Brooks, and Stuck by local author Becky Mushko.

4. My friend and I went to the Green Valley Book Fair and The Cheese Shop and had a very nice outing. I did buy a few books.


5. My roses bloomed full and wonderful. I enjoyed taking pictures of them and watching them fill the backyard with spectacular color.

6. My irises bloomed early in May and as always I thought of my great aunt, who loved the iris. Some of my plants are from flowers she gave to my mother.

7. I attended a lecture on Harry Potter. It wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but it did make me think about book organization.


8. The world did not end. It was supposed to have done so on a Saturday but we're still here. I personally am rather glad of that.

9. The columbine was especially lovely in the garden this year.

10. I walked on the treadmill 20 times during the month. I am pretty happy with that, as that was my goal.

11. I finally put my planner together and made a long to-do list and set down some goals. I have hardly opened it since but I think the activity was very good for me, as I've been trudging along marking off items in my head. "This is on the list, so do it," seems to work well.

12. I took care of myself by getting a massage, seeing my doctor, working on my eating habits, exercising, and meditating.

13. I found a Nikon L22 pocket camera on the clearance table at OfficeMax for $50. I thought it was a great buy.

There you go. Thirteen things that happened last month that make me feel good when I think about them.

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here. I've been playing for a while and this is my 194th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you accomplished a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope June is just as productive. I am loving the roses right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still jealous of your camera purchase.

    DI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of good things. I love your pictures of roses. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the A's, the weight loss, and meeting your exercise goal. I should be so motivated! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the grades! And on the camera. I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats. Did you like People of the Book, I loved it!

    http://carabossesbedchamber.blogspot.com/2011/06/thursday-thirteen.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I was having technical difficulties this morning; i.e., I was doing something dumb I don't want to admit :-) I very much liked your 13. I am proud of you for taking care of yourself, the Weight Watchers - I should be at the gym now... Congratulations on your grades! That is super! Your flowers are beautiful. I'm glad you got the good pocket camera. I finally got one of the small Cannon ones. Now, I love it. It stays in my bag or pocket all the time. Thank you! And thank you for looking at my 13! I'll be back around another day. You have a good afternoon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny about that Harry Potter lecture.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/06/96-today/

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! This exercise makes one think of the positives in life rather than dwelling on the negatives! Awesome! I just may have to participate in this... (if I can remember a whole months worth of good stuff at a time *laugh*!).

    Also, congrats on the weight loss, exercising, your awesome GPA, getting some books read (and bought, I love books!), making goals, and taking care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a great list. Thank you for sharing and inspiring. My day planner is color coded with all aspects of life with kids however I have left off the relaxing things like you have here.
    ~Charity

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your list; you had an awesome May. What a great idea.
    Thanks for sharing.

    The Food Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard about the Green Valley Book Fair... sounds like a dangerous place for a book lover!
    Congratulations on making healthy choices! Way to go!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.