Friday, May 27, 2011

A Day at Green Valley

Last week my friend and I headed toward northern Virginia to the Green Valley Book Fair.

We make this trek at least once a year.


It's not like I need more books, mind you. I have shelves full, and a pile of books to read that is larger than any I've ever had before.

I seriously considered making a huge purchase of Nancy Drew books, as they had a large selection. However, I could not remember which ones I have here at home. A very long time ago I had thought to collect them all, but I never did. They were $2.50 each, which is more than I would have paid for them at the time I was collecting them (it was a long time ago). But it is a lot less than they sell for now.



My friend told me not to take her picture, so I can't show you what she looks like. She said a side view was good enough.


We also stopped by The Cheese Shop, which is near Stuarts Draft. This is my favorite place to buy certain spices. I also purchase a lot of McCutcheon's Apple Butter here, as it is my husband's favorite.

It was a good day.

3 comments:

  1. The Book Fair and the Cheese Shop, a very good day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun outing. I would have bought too much at both the book fair and cheese shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard much about this book fair, but never been there. I know what you mean about having loads of books. Now I buy at thrift stores of library's book sale and then pass most along to others or return them to the thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.