Wednesday, April 07, 2010

My Book Club

A number of years ago I joined a book club at what was then the Blue Kat Art Gallery in Fincastle.

The gallery, the brainchild of artist Dreama Kattenbraker, closed, much to my dismay, but the book club continued. We've been reading books together for a long time now.



Dreama, the heart and soul of the book club.



For a long time the group met monthly but attendance dwindled, so we changed it to bi-monthly. We met on April 1 and discussed Lime Tree Can't Bear Orange.

This book is a coming of age story about a young girl in the Carribean. It's a lovely tale and we all enjoyed it quite a lot.

Our club meetings can sometimes ramble and we often get off-topic. But we enjoy one another's company so much that it doesn't seem to matter.

For June we are reading The Help by Katheryn Stockett.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.