Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: Snow

1.

2. We have several inches of snow. Not the first snow of this winter, which spans the man-made calendar, and not really the first snow of 2008 (because a squall earlier in the week actually covered the ground), but definitely the nicest snow so far.

3.

4. The best thing about snow is it's like a free day. It means staying home from work (for some folks, anyway), and drinking hot chocolate while you read a book or play with the kids

5.

6. It could mean snuggling with your sugar pie, too, if you're lucky enough to have one!

7.

8. Snow has lots of nutrients in it; it is very good for the grass and fields. My husband says it is like getting a free load of nitrogen for the soil.

9. Snow always makes me feel like the world has changed, and for the better.

10. We could get four or more inches of snow before it ends.

11. I keep looking out the window instead of working; I love to watch snow fall.

12. The snow will help a lot with the drought.

13. My favorite poem about snow is Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost.


5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful. I cannot wait until we move to an area that snows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poem. It gave me a shiver. So did the snow. I probably took 13 photos of it today but not in time for TT. It made me happy too. Like there IS magic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow makes me fat. I can't stop eating with each falling flake. I love it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Stopping by Woods" is my all-time favorite snow poem, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow is an interesting phenomena; people react to it in many different ways! Thanks all for responding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.