Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Dona Nobis Pacem


The Peace Globe initiative is a blogger movement to promote world peace. Many bloggers are participating in the hopes that things will change.

Poverty. Hunger. Cold. Wars. Global Warming. Health. Wrongful imprisonment. Greed. Corruption. Ignorance.

It's a long list of troubles. The issues circle this ol' globe and not a single area, including my own, is immune.

I believe there can be a better world. A world where resources are shared and not hoarded by the few. A world where the land is respected, not raped. A world where the small and weak are regarded with wonder, not tramped on and forgotten.

There must be another way. The one we're using isn't working very well.

Seemingly one little voice crying out amidst the turmoil won't be heard, but maybe the hundreds, thousands, millions of us who know that the world can be a nicer place if we only decide it will be can raise our voices until the sound smashes the sound barrier.

Maybe then those with the authority will listen. Because that is the power of prayer, and I pray every day for a better and more just world. Please join me.

Amen.

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I also read the previous post. How horribly sad!
    Peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peace to you and yours on this wonderful Peace Globe Day and always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For this post and your previous one, the song "Put A Little Love In Your Heart" comes to mind. Peace is a sacred state of being. We have to find it within before it will be reflected in the world around us. Thanks for putting it into our consciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the people of the world were just left to their own devices, then there could possibly be peace. I guess you are right, we all need to scream!! Great post. I wish you peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post, Dew. Amen.

    "Peace" is my mantra when I meditate and the main focus of my prayers. Thank you for your thoughtful words and for your prayers for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peace to you and yours. Loved your post. Here's to a better world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post, Country Dew. I've Well said and such a beautiful (and peaceful)globe.

    Peace to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll join you!

    Peace to you, Countrydew!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.