Thursday, September 09, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

Headlines today from my Bing newsfeed

1. Disgraceful: Former President Trump's niece reacts to what he's doing (why will this man not go away?

2. House panels starts writing $3.5 trillion social policy and climate bill

3. Hurricane Ida death toll jumps to 82

4.  The Taliban is bringing back its feared ministry of 'vice' and 'virtue'

5. White House signals new Covid-19 measures for unvaccinated Americans

6. Wheel of Fortune announces changes

7. Feeling overwhelmed? Here's one thing that can help.

8. 70-Year-Old Woman Dies at Hospital Where Two-Thirds of Staff Left

9. There's a Correct Way to Use a Can Opener, and You Probably Don't Know It.

10. Photos from North Korea suggest Kim Jong Un's weight loss has continued

11. Golf World Reacts to Significant Tiger Woods News

12. Fox News host awkwardly spoils pregnancy announcement for her co-host

13. Taco Bell wants you to send back your used sauce packets so it can reuse them

And what struck me about all of these, other than the fact that I cannot get this newsfeed to give me stories I really want to read? The difference in how some headlines use all capitals for major words and others don't. That's what I got out of this.

_______________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 722nd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. There's a wrong way to use a can opener?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Trump on Dancing with the Stars? Ha ha. I know he's doing a wrestling gig. You do have an editor's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Re-using sauce packets. I wonder if they'll have recycle bins for them in the restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am focusing on Wheel of Fortune and Taco Bell. Sometimes I get weighed down by the news -- especially this week -- and I think I'll give myself a break and concentrate on the superficial. It harms no one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.