Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday Stealing

 

1. What takes up too much of your time?

A. Playing on the computer, reading articles and social media, and the laundry.

2. What do you wish you knew more about?

A. Astronomy. I would like to know the constellations better.

3. What’s the best way to start the day?

A. Get up, get a shower, get rolling.

4. What mystery do you wish you knew the answer to?

A. I always wanted to solve the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle.

5. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?

A. Fantasy, although according to my reading list this year it's not.

6. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?

A. 2,728.5 miles to California and 4,015.1 miles to Paris, France.  Alexa told me the mileage.

7. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?

A. Paris was incredibly interesting with the museums and architecture and all. I would love to go back now that I am adult. I went when I was a teenager.

8. When was the last time you climbed a tree for fun?

A. I am too old to remember when I last climbed a tree. It would have been over 40 years ago.

9. What do you consider to be your best find?

A. My husband. If you mean an inanimate object, then my best find was my wedding dress, which was marked down from something like $2k to $300 because it had a tear in it. But the tear was right where I needed to have the gown taken in anyway, so that was a great deal. I no longer have my wedding gown because it burned up in a house fire.

10. What’s special about the place where you grew up?

A. I grew up on a farm and on a farm, one learns the circle of life. You also learn how to amuse yourself and look after your brother.

11. What age do you wish you could permanently be?

A. I don't think I would want to live forever or be a permanent age.

12. What fictional place would you most like to go?

A. Middle Earth.

13. Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been?

A. One of the best vacations we've had was in Charleston, SC. I don't know that it was more relaxing than anywhere else, but we took our time and enjoyed ourselves.

14. What’s the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen?

A. I don't know the name of it, but in the Louvre in Paris there was a painting where the light detail was exquisite. It fascinated me and I could hardly tear myself from the picture to go on the with the tour. You could see the interior of a woman's hand as the light shown down upon her. I probably would never recognize the painting again, but I can still remember that detail of light upon that woman's hand.

15. Who has impressed you the most with what they have accomplished?

A. I went to college with Beth Macy, who is now a famous author who has written several nonfiction books, one of which was made into a miniseries called Dopesick with Michael Keaton. She has done very well. She stepped out of news writing long before I did and was able to channel her work into longer pieces, something I have not yet been able to do. She is just a little older than I am.

My father also impresses me with his business acumen. He has gone from a shoeshine boy to the owner of a country club and a major corporation.

6 comments:

  1. I was in Paris last year. I wish I had had more time to be there but we had to head west for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your mileage above, I googled how far is it from Birmingham, AL to Tel Aviv -- 6,518 miles. I would love to go to Paris. I've been through their airport, but that is all. You got a great deal on that wedding dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Middle earth.. Yes indeed. I would love to go there as well! Get up and get rolling. Yes, I used to hit the deck running especially with kids and my invalid mom but, now as I get older its harder and harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the same mystery to solve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I remember most about the Louvre was the star of the show: The Mona Lisa. It's not so much that the painting impressed me. It was the fact of it, the element of, "Hey! That's actually the real Mona Lisa!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laundry - a chore I hate - ironing is worse though!

    Yes - the Bermuda Triangle is a mystery I would like to study more too.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.