Saturday, September 21, 2024

Saturday 9: Drive to You




Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jewel sings that she can't sleep and is staring at the ceiling. Did you fall asleep easily last night?

A. Yes.

2) She concludes that the only thing to do is drive to her lover's side. Last time you got behind the wheel, where were you headed?

A. The last time I drove, it was to the grocery store.

3) Jewel grew up in Alaska. Have you ever visited our largest state?

A. I have never visited Alaska.

4) She once performed at the Sydney Opera House, which is more than 7,300 miles away from Anchorage. There are no direct commercial flights between those two cities. Given your choice, would you rather spend less on travel but have to change flights, or spend more and fly non-stop to your destination?

A. I would rather spend more and fly non-stop to my destination.

5) Actor Sean Penn developed a crush on Jewel after seeing her perform on TV and attended many of her concerts during her 1995 tour. What's the best concert you ever saw?

A. Elton John.

6) She married Ty Murray, a successful rodeo cowboy. Have you ever attended a rodeo?

A. I used to attend the Loretta Lynn Rodeo with my parents when I was a child. I'm pretty sure that is what it was.

7) In 2006, the year "Drive to You" was released, Al Lewis died. He was best known as Grandpa on The Munsters. It's time for you to declare where you stand on this issue: do you prefer The Munsters or The Addams Family?

A. Both of those shows were just a wee bit before my time, and I don't remember ever watching much of either one. For some time, we could only get one TV channel and if it wasn't on that channel, I didn't see it. I'm afraid I really do not have a dog in this fight.

8) 2006 was a very good one for tennis pro Roger Federer. He reached the finals in all four Grand Slam tournaments and won three. What's the last game you won? (Yes, Wordle counts.)

A. I last won a game of solitaire.

9) Random question: Using one word, how would you describe 2024 so far?

A. Expensive.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.