Sunday, July 14, 2024

Sunday Stealing




1. What is the hottest temperature you've seen this summer so far?

A. I think I saw 105 F on the thermometer recently. That's very hot for Virginia. 

2. What is your favorite summer beverage?

A. Water is all I drink anymore.

3. Have you seen any fireflies/lightning bugs yet? Cicadas?

A. I have seen lightning bugs. The cicadas missed us this year.

4. What are the last 3 things you bought online?

A. An iPhone case, a glass cover for my phone, and a digital book.

5. Where do locals go to cool off?

A. The James River has its start in my county, so many folks find comfort there. We have many creeks, rivers, and ponds around, though, and some of those are in the National Forest. Others are on private property.

6. Where did you buy your last postcard and what was on the pc?

A. My last postcard likely was purchased in Myrtle Beach, SC, and had a picture of the beach on it. I don't really remember, as I haven't bought a postcard since before 2020.

7. What's your favorite summertime scent?

A. Watermelon is my favorite summertime scent. That's also my favorite summertime treat.

8. What kind of a/c do you have - central, room, fans only, chillers, none and what temperature do you set it to?

A. We have a heat pump that circulates cold air throughout the house. I suppose that is central air. I change the temperature depending on the heat outside, so it doesn't really have a setting.

9. Do you have a summer vacation planned and if so, where are you really going?

A. I do not have a summer vacation planned.

10. What are your favorite summer activities?

A. We do some gardening in the summer, but mostly our lives revolve around the farm and getting in hay and ensuring the cattle have water. 

11. What's your favorite summertime food?

A. Oops, I already answered this. Watermelon is my favorite summertime food.

12. Did you ever go to summer school?

A. I never went to summer school. I did, however, go to band camp, which was held in the summer, and it was generally awfully hot for that.

13. What's your favorite summertime memory?

A. Well, let's see. I answered a similar question yesterday, so I will give a different answer here. We used to play in the creek in front of the house. We built up a little dam, my brother and me along with some of the local kids who could walk to our house, and made ourselves a little pond area. We caught crawdads there, and had some floats we could lay on, and other floaty type toys that one would have found in the early 1970s.

14. Do you like fireworks?

A. I like fireworks. I am not fond of the noise or the smoke, but they are lovely to look at.

15. How do you feel about the longer days of summer?

A. The days are not any longer, there is just more light available. They are still 24-hour days. I can't do anything about the amount of light, so I just live with it like everyone else does.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. I used to love to watch the fireworks at Disneyland. They are not as exciting anymore. My ears are more sensitive since having ear issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did not have many cicadas either. I didn't hear them anyway. I did see an exoskeleton on our sidewalk. We have plenty of fireflies. I love them. I loved your answers! Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your answer to the last one is so true . . .but I like to pretend otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the light lasting longer in the early summer weeks.....and I Love that's light out when I wake up at 6. I wish NYS would do away with the time changes and just let nature do her thing.

    I also like watermelon and it's on the menu for tonight as a side dish with some blackberries and blueberries and cantaloupe.

    Your childhood memory sounds so fun! We love fireworks and get to see a show from our deck as a neighbor always has a wonderful display on the 4th of July. When our girls were little we would be camping and sometimes would miss being in a place with fireworks.

    I hope you have a good and cooler day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to the James River when I visited colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown c 2010

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to raise horses and keeping big animals is a full time job for sure. 105 is nothing to sneeze at. Its been a hot summer for so many this year. I am with you on the noise.. just like the pretty patterns in the sky. You sure do live in a gorgeous part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That *IS* hot for VA! The cicadas were supposed to miss us, too, but we had hordes of them - only on Saturday. I didn't do this one or Saturday b/c I want to do a post that i have a mental block on, but I've been meaning tell you for a long time (maybe I already have?) that I admire you and look up to you, and you inspire me. As some of my friends would say, "You're good people."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watermelon is so refreshing, isn't it?

    Ah - crawdads are crayfish. Had to look that up.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.