Sunday, May 26, 2024

Sunday Stealing




1. Have you ever been stung or bitten by an animal?

A. I have been stung by bees. When I was six years old, I climbed up on the side bar of the swing set at my grandmother's house. My young uncle climbed up on the other side. The bar across the top that held the swings was hollow, so we started shouting through it. Unbeknown to us, there was a bee nest in the bar at my end. The noise disturbed the bees, my ear was against the bar, the bees tried to fly out and found my ear . . . I think I had six stings on my face. Boy, did I scream and cry.

2. Do you have a favorite bird? Do you feed the birds at your house or park?

A. Robins are my favorite birds. I have an extreme dislike for vultures.

3. What is the last thing you said to somebody before replying to this email?

A. "Whatcha doin' there, Flapjack?"

4. How do you get yourself ready to sleep at night?

A. I shower, put some heat on my stomach, watch a little TV or read, take my medicine, go to sleep.

5. When was the last time you wrote a proper letter?

A. About a week or so ago.

6. What is the worst injury you have ever sustained?

A. Not counting surgeries, which are injuries, a broken wrist was probably the worst, followed by a really bad muscle/tendon tear in my ankle.

7. If you could choose your career based strictly on what you think would be fun instead of your qualifications/salary/etc., what would it be?

A. Oh, I'd love to be involved in the creation of video games.

8. You can live on another planet, which one and why?

A. I live on a Class M planet in the Delta Quadrant, one currently unknown to humans. 

9. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

A. I don't eat ice cream, but if I did I think I would like Neapolitan.

10. What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any?

A. I do not have tattoos. People can do what they want to with their body. They have to live with it, I don't.

11. Are you very active or do you prefer to just relax in your free time?

A. I'm too sedentary even in my "not free" time.

12. If you could bring back one TV show that was cancelled, which one would you bring back?

A. I don't want to bring any of them back. We need new material, not rehashes of the same old thing over and over again.

13. Do you prefer to watch movies in the theater or in the comfort of your own home?

A. It depends on the movie. Generally, though, I watch them at home.

14. If you opened a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?

A. I would serve breakfast items. I can make eggs. I do not like cooking and do not like playing with my food before it is cooked. But I can do eggs.

15. If money were no object, what would you do for your next birthday??

A. I would go on a tour of the United States, and see the Grand Canyon, Chicago, New York, California, Maine, Washington DC, the National Parks, etc. It would take at least a month.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. I still have 20 states and about 200 countries I've never been. That includes AZ and NM, where I'd possibly go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bee sting story sounds horrible! I can't imagine having that many stings on my face. OUCH!!
    When I was reading your answer about injuries, I remembered that I did a "jump instead of trip" over a basket about 10 years ago and tore my hamstring. I thought I had broken my hip. I actually heard it pop! My boss took me to the ER in the backseat of his vehicle. It was so painful. I ended up with a bruise that began on my butt cheek and went alway the way to my toes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get robins here in the UK. The only vultures we get are human.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.