Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday Stealing


1. Do you go in at a fast-food place or just hit the drive through?

A. We generally use the drive through, especially since the pandemic.

2. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet? 

A. Not that I recall. If I did, it must not have been important.

3. Do you have a dog?

A. Not anymore. I had a dog for 17 years, but she died in 2001, and I was so heartbroken that I did not get another. Besides, I am highly allergic to animals, and she had to stay outside unless it was really cold, at which point I brought her in the garage (fortunately she was half Eskimo Spitz and loved the cold). I didn't think it would be fair to an animal to bring it to live with me.

4. Ever go camping?

A. Not as an adult. My father took us camping when I was quite young. I barely remember it. Mostly I remember that my mother hated it.

5. Have you met anyone famous?

A. I have met a lot of politicians who could be considered famous. This was due to my work. I met all of Virginia's governors from Douglas Wilder through Bob McDonnell. I am on a first-name basis with my state House of Delegates representative. I know many local news reporters who would be considered "famous" around here. I have also met famous writers like Lee Smith, Sharon Olds, Beth Macy (I went to school with her), Jill McCorkle, and others. But no actors.

6. Any plans today?

A. It is supposed to rain all day, so maybe I will simply have a lazy day. I have a few letters I need to write, and I should do bookkeeping for the farm, but we'll see how it goes.

7. Are you happy?

A. I think "happy" is overrated.

8. Where are you right now?

A. In my office in my house in a county in the state of Virginia, USA, on the continent of North America.

9. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?

A. My hair. I have been seeing the same person for several years now, and while I like her, she cannot cut my hair. This last cut was a final straw. It's the shortest it's ever been and needs to grow out quite a bit, at which point I will return to seeing if I can find someone who listens and doesn't scalp me.

10. Last song listened to?

A. Carry On My Wayward Son, by Kansas.

11. Last movie you saw?

A. We watched part of Star Trek: Into the Darkness on Friday night but did not watch the entire movie. I have never seen it in its entirety even though I like Star Trek.

12. Are you allergic to anything?

A. Pollen of all types, animal dander, dust, hay, various medicines, black pepper, milk, strawberries, etc. Some of the foods I can tolerate in moderation.

13. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?

A. A pair of Apex sneakers (white) which are quite expensive, but few shoes can accommodate the special orthotic insert I have to wear in my right shoe.

14. What do you think of when you think of Australia?

A. Kangaroos.

15. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot?

A. No, I don't think I do. I'm not an emoji fan.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You know so many famous folks - that is cool. Why is it so hard to find a hair stylist? I think I spent more time picking out the person who cuts and colors my hair than I spent picking out my doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. I'm having a hair problem because I'm letting it grow. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3....I am a mess when we one of our dogs passes. I am not sure we will get another one when Meisha passes. I get physically ill losing them.
    I have had my hair cut way too short before. It is frustrating. I hope your hair grows fast for you. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about your hair. That's why I started cutting my own hair. When it's not good enough it's due to myself, not due to someone who thinks she knows better.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate having to find a new hair stylist. So many of them are not good at working with my curly hair. I love the one I have now. She's a friend from high school and she plans to keep working until she's 70...so I have 11 years to find someone to replace her. Of course, I'll be 70, too, and maybe I'll be in no shape to care by then. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like StarTrek: Into Darkness - though some people aren't too keen. I think it's worth watching again.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're just the opposite. I have met a lot of famous actors/performers, but no politicians!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I have that song running through my head. (Don't you cry no more.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.