Sunday, April 05, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Name a highlight of your day.

A. So far today, it has been a ride around the block in the car. Of course, a "block" here is miles and miles.

2. What made you smile today?

A. Nothing much so far.

3. What made you laugh today?

A. A running joke I have with my husband about nasal spray. You'd have to live here to understand it.

4. Recall a time when you needed encouragement.

A. Way back in 1985, as I was trying to figure out what to do with my life (a task I have yet to complete, apparently), I was encouraged to apply for and attend Hollins College (now Hollins University) in order to obtain my bachelors and focus on writing. The encouragers were my professors at the community college and a couple of friends.

5. What is a luxury you are thankful for?

A. At the moment, being able to go to the grocery store feels like a luxury.

6. Favorite childhood memory.

A. I don't have a favorite one. I remember though that there was an abandoned house up the street from my grandmother's house, and my brother and my two young uncles (one a year younger than I, the other four years older than I), along with myself, would ride our bikes there and then dare one another to go look in the windows.

7. Favorite song–and why?

A. I don't have a favorite song, but I like most songs by the Eagles. They have nice melodies, are fairly easy to play on the guitar, and I like their harmonies.

8. Where is your favorite place?  Why?

A. My favorite place is my home, because it is where I belong and where I seek shelter from the storms of every day life.

9. What is your favorite scent?

A. The smell of Nestle's Original Toll House Cookies baking.

10. What is your favorite topic to talk about?

A. Everyone's favorite topic is themselves. However, I also like to talk about writing, music, books, video games, nature, politics, and many other topics. I'm widely read and I know a lot of stuff.

11. What do you like doing so much that you lose track of time?

A. Write or read.

12. If you had 5 minutes and the whole world was forced to listen, what would you say?

A. Get over yourselves and think about other people. Go read the New Testament and forget about the Old Testament if you want to live a Christian life. Otherwise, just be a good, decent person. That doesn't take five minutes but it sums up everything wrong with the world.

13. Whose life do you envy the most, and why?

A. I don't envy anyone's life. I admire some folks who have more talent than I, but I don't actually envy anyone.

14. What would you do differently with your education if you got a chance to start over?

A. I'd go for the bachelors at 18 instead of 24.

15. What would you do with your life if you had no fear?
A. I have a hard time imagining that, no fear. Actually I don't think I can.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Eagles were my favorite band in high school. I still like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ny mind is boggling about the nasal spary.


    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete