Friday, August 16, 2019

Happiness Friday

Last night I went to listen to my father's band play at the local retirement home. Dad is in his late 70s, but he is in good form.

I enjoyed listening to him sing, and watching him be the showman he is. He's very charismatic and good at working a crowd. He always has been.

His band, called Stone Coal Gap, played mostly 1950s music. I knew all but three of the songs. Many of those songs I grew up hearing my father sing. He's always been into music.

Here are photos of him and his band at their gig last night. My dad is the guy in the pink shirt up front singing and playing the guitar.











Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world. Check out the gal that initiated this here.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Love hearing him sing and doing what he loves to do !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a joyful photo series! (And I love his shirt.) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.