Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday 9: Teenage Dream

Saturday 9: Teenage Dream (2010)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Much of the video for this week's song takes place in a convertible and on the beach. How's the weather where you are? Would you be comfortable riding around with the top down today?

A. We have bands of rain from Hurricane Florence so I think I want the top up today.

2) This video was filmed all around Katy Perry's hometown of Santa Barbara. Amtrak runs through Santa Barbara via The Pacific Surfliner. Tell us about a memorable train trip.

A. The only time I remember being on a train was in Spain in the late 1970s. We were supposed to go from Madrid to France on an express train but there was a union strike of sometime scheduled to take place at midnight after we arrived, so we left a day early and took "local" trains to get to France. The trains were small and full of people. The restrooms were way in the rear of the train. Several of us young women in our travel group needed to get to the restrooms. To get there you had to walk through cars that were full of men and they suddenly grabbed us and pawed us and otherwise severely manhandled us. It was terrifying, actually. I kneed one guy in the crotch and he hit me in the head with his fist. Another girl got grabbed by the hair and dragged. When we finally got back to our car, our guide (a woman) shrugged it off and said that was what happened there. I don't think I ever told my parents about that.

Despite that, I like trains. I am just not sure I want to ride one again.

3) Katy sings that her boyfriend thinks she's funny, even when she gets the punchline wrong. Do you think you're a better joke-teller or audience?

A. I think I'm better in the audience but my friends think I am hilarious in a sardonic, tell-it-like-it-really-is kind of way.

4) Her "teenage dream" lover is shown working out with a heavy bag. When is the last time you visited a gym?

A. Ha. Ha. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Now if you want to count the gym at my physical therapist's place, then it was only about 10 months ago.

5) Katy changes her hair a lot. She's gone from long black hair to cropped blonde hair with stops at red, green and purple. Today, are you having a good hair day?

A. It's humid and wet outside. So not really.

6) Katy thinks dimples are "irresistible" and can't help poking a finger when a dimpled friend smiles. Do you have dimples?

A. Yes. I think. I'm not 100 percent sure and I'm too lazy to go look in a mirror.

7) Two of Katy's fragrances (Meow and Purr) are sold in cat-shaped bottles. Are you wearing a scent as you answer these questions?

A. I am allergic to all scents. Everything in my house is unscented.

8)  Katy's favorite dessert is ice cream (specifically Cold Stone Creamery's Birthday Cake Remix). What's the last dessert you ate?

A. A piece of chocolate crème pie.

9) Random question: How often do you change your bedsheets?

A. Every Saturday.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  (#250)

9 comments:

  1. Hmmm...chocolate cream pie sounds really, really good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your train ride to France sounds shockingly horrific! OMG! I can't believe that happened to you all. :( I'm also sorry you're allergic to all scents. I'm just starting to get my sense of smell back after a year and a half of my sniffer not working, and there are such glorious scents I've missed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awful train tale! You should take a nice, leisurely day trip somewhere, just to erase (or at least replace) the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your train experience sounds awful! I am so sorry that happened to you! Your chocolate cream pie however, sounds divine! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you send me a piece of the chocolate crème pie...mmm
    Stay safe from the remanence of Florence, we are supposed to get rain from it on Tuesday but only 3 - 5 inches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're safe from the storm! My sister (in Blacksburg) is afraid they'll lose power.

    Your train ride story is quite awful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...I didn't think Flo was hitting up as far as Virginia, but then I haven't seen the news today. Oh my, your train story doesn't make me want to ride a train in Spain any time soon...or ever! I'm glad all you young ladies made it out of the situation ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Note to self... do not ride local trains from Spain to France. How scary!! Have a great weekend friend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.