Sunday, November 19, 2017

Sunday Stealing: Thanksgiving Thoughts

Sunday Stealing

1.  What made you feel patriotic this year?

A. I love the mountains and the countryside around me.

2 . What do you value most about your life?


A. My husband.

3.  What do you appreciate about your friendships?


A. My friends make me laugh and smile, but mostly they care about me as a person, and they know me as I am and not who they think I should be, and they accept me for those qualities, and do not deride me for the ones I lack.

4.  Name one person who can make you laugh, even months later. Why?


A. My brother.

5.  What is the funniest thing you remember about a Thanksgiving past?


A. My mother made pumpkin pie that did not "set up" one year. We called it pumpkin puddin'.

6.  Do you have any unusual traditions, rituals or habits around Thanksgiving?

A. No.

7.  Name one ancestor that you think about on Thanksgiving and tell us why.

A. I think about my mother and how much she hated the holidays.

8.  Is there a family heirloom at the Thanksgiving table? What its story?


A. No. No story.

9.  What is your favorite part about Thanksgiving Day?

A. Getting it over with.

10. What random act of kindness did you perform or that was done to you this year that makes you feel grateful?

A. I try to take carts from people in handicapped spots when they unload their groceries so they don't have to haul them off to the distant spots that stupid engineers designed so that people who can't walk have to walk a mile to put away a grocery cart. I also appreciate it when someone takes one from me, since I use a handicapped spot myself.

11. What do you appreciate about the change of seasons?


A. I love the beauty of Autumn. The colors of the trees are spectacular even in a "bad" year.

12. Name five things that make you happy about today.


A. (1) Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our anniversary. (2) It's Sunday so if I don't get much accomplished, it's a pass. (3) My husband helped me change the bed this morning, so we have clean sheets. (4) I had hot chocolate to drink. (5) I heard from an old friend.

13. How has the celebration of Thanksgiving today changed from when you were little?


A. It's a lot calmer now.

14. If you could share Thanksgiving dinner today with one person in history who would it be? Why? (Note: it can be a relative)


A. Joan of Arc, because she was Joan of Arc.

15. What is one wish you have for the next generation as they begin to establish their own Thanksgiving traditions?


A. That they do away with it entirely.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. #10 is something I do, too. I figure I'm on my way into the store, I might as well take a cart in with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know very little about Joan of Arc. I should learn more about history's women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9. And #15. I am SO with you on this! It's become less and less about thankfulness and more about eating and football. I'm taking my knitting! Some new fingerless gloves I'm casting on today.

    The change of Seasons is really something I do miss by living here nearly all my conscious life.
    Joan of Arc is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary. Bless you for #10. Since I use the cart as a walker, I leave my cane in the car and don't have a handicap sticker, so nobody ever thinks to take my cart from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I confess I don't know much about Joan of Arc, either. I should rectify that.
    It makes me sad that you dislike the holidays so much, but I know you probably have good reason...maybe the reasons are what I'm really sad about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don’t celebrate the holidays anymore. It is just my mother and me, family isn’t really “there”. Oh, they will text to tell me their plans and how their family is doing and I will politely wish them the best of holidays. They never come to see my mom who is somewhat homebound and would love to know someone cares about her besides me. I will fix dinner for mom and myself. Usually a turkey breast made into sandwitches with a few sides and dessert. I do get some needed rest, which is nice but the holidays at our house used to be great food and catching up with all the family and maybe even playing cards after eating way too many desserts. I miss my grandma at the holidays and my godson’s mother they always make things special going all out for everyone but I’m thankful for what and who I do have in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.