Monday, July 17, 2017

14 Santas Come to Dinner

Friday night my husband and I were at Cracker Barrel in Troutville. I was stunned to see Halloween decorations on the floor already. It's still July!

They had a butler with his head on a platter, plates, and other ghostly and ghastly items available for purchase.

We sat down at our table, and as I was complaining about the early Halloween decorations, Santa Claus walked in.

He was followed by another Santa Claus, then another, and another, until I counted 14 of them. They also had Mrs. Santa Clauses by their sides.

Unfortunately I had no camera with me, so I used my husband's flip phone. I had never used this piece of technology for photos before - and neither had he, except apparently by accident - so I had to quickly figure out how to make it work. The photos are not great but hopefully you can see that these are Santas, complete with real beards and white hair.

Apparently there was a Santa convention at Camp Bethel, which is a Christian summer camp (Church of the Brethren) with rental facilities tucked away in the Mill Creek area of the county.






On the way home, we saw a double rainbow. I took this as a good sign and stopped and bought a lottery ticket.

However, we did not win a single dollar. I guess rainbows and Santa Clauses do not bring good luck.

They did, however, make me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. Sad to hear about the Halloween decor. Fall is my favorite time of year, but it needs to come in its own time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.