Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thursday Thirteen #500

Here it is, the big number 500 in my Thursday Thirteen posts. This means I have been doing this consecutively for 500 weeks, or 9.6 years. That is a long time. I've had jobs and friendships last less longer than that.

To celebrate this auspicious occasion (which is auspicious for only me, I know), I thought about going back and pulling up my favorite Thursday Thirteens. But I don't have any real favorites and I didn't particularly want to read through them all.

So I randomly went through and picked about every 38th entry and pulled something from it. No rhyme nor rhythm here. Just some things that have appeared in this blog in the last 9 years.

I wish it were a better entry, but I haven't been feeling well and it is hard to think sometimes when that happens.

1.
My stuffed dog showing off my sleeping arrangements.

2.
Just a nice shot.


3.  Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand -- and melting like a snowflake. -Marie Beyon Ray

4.
Pappa Buck and Bambi
 
5. My allergies, while not great, are not as bad as they could be, and I am thankful for that. At least this year I have not been bedridden with them. (Apparently something noteworthy several years ago.)
 
6.  I often imagine myself as the heroine of a fantasy, fighting dragons with magic. I would love to be able to toss a lightning bolt at somebody, just every now and then.
 
7.
 
A local event, with a notice about the Botetourt Courthouse Fire.
 

8.
Honey Bees

9.
Trillium


10. It was once said that the moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; and those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped. - Hubert H. Humphrey (1911-1978) (American politician)


11. Santillane is a historic home located just outside of Fincastle. It was constructed around 1835. The family who originally owned it was the Hancocks, and daughter Julia married William Clark (of Lewis & Clark fame).





 
12.
 
 
 
 
13. A friend told me earlier in the week that when she first met me, she thought I was a normal, boring person. Then I said something (she didn't remember what) and she knew that she was in the company of someone who did not follow the rules and who marched to a beat of her own making. I took it as a compliment.
 
__________
 
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 500th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday.


6 comments:

  1. This is a good representation of your TT's. The historic home looks almost identical to one here in Floyd that I just toured and wrote about but haven't posted yet. Must have been the style, or the same architect/builder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sleep with a neck pillow too! But not at a slant. That makes it all harder.

    I remember a lot of deer Thursday Thirteens from you over the years.

    Even when you aren't feeling all that well, you manage a solid post. What a record!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 500 is phenomenal!
    #6, oh ya! And an "if only", too.
    #9 trilium are a thrill to find in the woods. They only grow in the northern mountains.
    # 13 you are very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You have really stuck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A decade, eh? I'll hafta look back & see when I started... Thanks for sharing & for stickin with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little late to the party but congrats on the 500!! And ( knowing you) #13 was definely a compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.