1. Where do you go to decompress from the world?
A. Inside a book. Nothing like a good read to take you away from the world. Video games also work for that.
2. If given $10,000, what would you do with it?
A. My friend and her husband are taking a trip to Alaska in late summer and I would love to go with them. That would just about cover the costs for my husband and me.
3. What is one major renovation you would love to make on your house?
A. I would like to replace the carpet with hardwood flooring.
4. What is one movie that you love and didn’t expect to love?
A. The Blind Side.
6. What is the oldest knick-knack you own and what is its sentimental value?
A. I have two coin banks that belonged to my grandmother, which I gave to her and my grandfather when I was about nine years old. I purchased them at the Mr. Peanut shop in downtown Roanoke during a Christmas shopping trip with my mother. The Mr. Peanut shop no longer exists, but the banks still do.
7. Do you own any books you keep out of obligation, but actually hate?
A. I may have a few signed books on my "signed books" that I don't particularly care for, but I don't hate them.
8. How many countries have you visited outside of the one you live in now?
A. Just this one, and the imaginary ones inside my head. There are millions of those. [Edit: I misread this question. I have been to Spain and France.]
9. Have you ever read only part of a book, but claimed you’ve read the whole thing?
A. Yes. Except I always skip to the last chapter and read that.
|My little Taylor GS Mini|
10. Have you ever spent a lot of money on something? What was it?
A. I guess my last big purchase was for a guitar.
11. If you could change your name, what would it be?
12. What is a nickname a former (or present) lover gave you?
A. My husband calls me many different names from "baby" to "pookie."
A. It's layered with bangs and shoulder length. It is brown and "soft white."
14. How many colors are you wearing now?
A. White, gray, and three variations of pink.
15. What's one piece of fiction that changed your life?
A. Bambi, by Felix Salten.
16. Is there anything that has made you unhappy recently?
17. Tell us about the job that you did before your current one or last one.
A. A very long time ago I spent some time in retail, working a cash register and stocking shelves. I was working for a friend and I learned a great deal about what makes people part with their cash and how foolishly people spend their money. She sold stuff I wouldn't have purchased ever.
18. What was the last song to get stuck in your head?
A. Ruins, by Melissa Etheridge.
19. What is your least favorite thing to do that you have to do everyday?
20. Best time of your life?
A. Now I've had the time of my life, and I owe it all to you . . . Sunday Stealing.
21. What are you most looking forward to in the coming year?
A. I hope to get a writing project under way, if I can ever get my office cleaned up and some oomph in my oompha.
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.