Saturday, February 11, 2017

Saturday 9: Love Yourself

Saturday 9: Love Yourself (2015)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Justin sings that he doesn't like to admit he's wrong. When did you most recently cop to a mistake?

A. I'm a perpetual "I'm sorry" person. I'm sorry the sky is gray. Sorry the sun is shining too hot. Sorry the world is not flat. My last big mistake was blaming my husband for taking my kitchen scissors, and then I found then in the cabinet where I hide my secret chocolate stash. I apologized.

2) He also complains that his girl doesn't like his friends. Who is someone that you've met recently and liked?

A. I like most everyone. Most of the people in my life I've known for a while now, though.

3) Justin first performed this song live on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Who is your favorite talk show host?

A. I guess Ellen. She's the only one I have seen since Oprah.

4) Young Mr. Bieber recently had his credit card rejected . . . at a Subway Sandwich Shop. Think about your last trip to a fast food restaurant. Did you pay with cash or plastic or your phone?

A. We always pay cash in restaurants.

Even though we're featuring a lack-of-love song, this is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we shall focus on the upcoming holiday.

5) In Victorian England, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine. Have you ever received an anonymous card from a secret admirer?

A. Can't say that I have.

6) Retailers report that approximately 3% of pet owners buy Valentines for their furry friends. Have you ever purchased a gift for a pet on a special occasion?

A. I never bought the dog a valentine, but I did buy her extra toys at Christmas. That was a very long time ago, as the dog has been dead for 16 years.

7) It was once believed that if a maiden ate a heavy meal before bed on February 13, her dreams that night would reveal the identity of the man she would eventually marry. Do you find that eating too close to bedtime disrupts your sleep?

A. It can give me bad dreams. Mushrooms always give me crazy dreams regardless of when I eat them.

8) The postmaster in Verona, Italy, reports that Shakespeare's Juliet Capulet still receives love letters. Without looking it up, can you give us a quote from Romeo and Juliet?

A. O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? - which is probably the one most will offer up.

9) Necco's Sweethearts -- those little candy hearts that say things like "Be Mine" -- are Valentine Day's top-selling confection. Sam never could stand eating these candies. Do you like them?

A. I don't *like* them but I will eat them, particularly if there is nothing else sweet around.

_____________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

6 comments:

  1. Hmm....you told him you were sorry, but did you tell him where the chocolate stash is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The R&J question was my favorite this week. I think the answers will surprise you. I almost answered with, "Pay no worship to the garish sun," but I didn't because by itself it's not very pretty and I can never remember the complete quote without Googling. (And Googling = cheating.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate mushrooms! When I was little my older brother used to say "Eat your mushrooms, I picked them just for you." with a big grin on his face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I have a secret chocolate stash too. Shhh...don't tell anyone!
    I have reviewed R&J so many times you'd think I could have thought of a better quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You reminded me I forgot to resupply my chocolate stash for my desk at school! Other teachers even hit me up for some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you leave your scissors in there to cut up your chocolate? Enquiring minds wish to know. (Lol Stacy.)
    R&J answers were fun. Rummaging around in the dusty attic of my mind was not. More stuff to toss?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.