1. Do you have/have you had any pets?
|A mama cow with her newborn.|
2. Do you play video games? If so, do you have a favorite video game series?
A. I confess I am a video game addict. I have been playing video games for as long as there have been video games. I played Pong, for heaven's sake. Currently my favorite video game series is The Elder Scrolls, and my favorite video game is Skyrim, which is The Elder Scrolls V game. I used to love the Might and Magic series, including the Heroes of Might and Magic line, and I also liked (or still like) Commander Keen, the original Wolfenstein games, Microsoft's Age of Empire series, Myst, King's Quest, The Sims, Civilization, Dungeon Siege, puzzle and word games, solitaire games, and hidden object games. Yes, I spend far too much time playing said games.
|The Dragonborn looking out over Skyrim|
3. Any unpopular opinions on anything?
A. Apparently it is not popular to think that people deserve to have a societal safety net, health care, retirement funds, or a living wage. It is also not popular to believe in equal rights for everyone, and that women are human beings.
4. Do you have a favorite gem? If yes, has anyone ever bought you jewelry with that gem?
A. I had to think about this question. I like pearls, which is one of the three stones associated with June (the other two being moonstone and alexandrite). My husband has bought me pearls.
5. Favorite story genres?
A. Fantasy, mystery, "literary" and young adult. I don't read porn or horror but pretty much anything else I will attempt.
6. What was once a secret that you can now share? (The original question was "What kind of fruit do you hate" which is type of question that I think "who cares?" so I just change them.)
A. I used to be a skinny person.
7. Do you like reading?
A. I love reading. I would read all the time if I didn't have all of those video games to play.
8. What time is it for you now, what are you usually doing at this time of the day?
A. It is almost 4 p.m. and I should be worrying about fixing supper or attempting to do my physical therapy, but my husband is asleep in the great room, which is where my physical therapy stuff is as well as the kitchen. So I am in here in my office at the desktop instead.
9. What character on TV or in film is most similar to you? You can go with looks or personality. Or you can make a quip and go to the next question.
A. I am a cross between Frances, from Under the Tuscan Sun (played by Diane Lane) and Evelyn Couch from Fried Green Tomatoes (played by Kathy Bates).
10. What's something weird you wanna do? It cannot be weirder than Mr. Watermelonhead.
A. I don't know what Mr. Watermelonhead is so I cannot make the comparison. I would like to live in a treehouse. Not a little treehouse, but one of those real mansions built in a tree that you see on the Treemaster show.
11. Have you ever accomplished a New Years Resolution?
A. I'm sure I have at some point.
12. Is there any music artist you look up to?
A. Melissa Etheridge. She's my age and she's had a hard time of it, with breast cancer and being gay and all. I also think Bonnie Raitt is highly underrated and that Nancy Wilson is one of the greatest female guitar players around.
13. Are you allergic to anything? If yes, what?
A. Dust, dirt, tree pollen, grass pollen, bee stings, bug bites, every fragrance known to humanity except chocolate and vanilla, shellfish and maybe other fish (I avoid them all now), citrus fruit, milk products - pretty much everything. My husband gave me some jigsaw puzzles for Christmas and the puzzle dust gave me an asthma attack. How sad is that? We took the unopened ones back.
14. When was the last time you took a swim? Who else was with you?
A. It's been years, and I would have been with my husband. I think it was at Myrtle Beach.
15. Would you rather have the ability to sleep for as long as you want, or have the ability to never have to sleep?
A. If I never had to sleep and never grew tired, then that one. Imagine what else we could accomplish if one third of our lives wasn't spent in bed!
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.