Thursday, December 08, 2016

Thursday Thirteen

I don't collect many items besides books, but I do have a collection of Christmas mice. Here are 13 of them. Some are ornaments, some are not. Most were given to me by friends.


A Santa Mouse ornament that is the first I purchased for myself. He's
 about 32 years old.

This is Santa Mouse as a reindeer. I think.

This sweet Santa Mouse is ready for bed!

A stuffed Ms. Mouse.

An ornament Santa Mouse, given to me in 2010. Bet you
couldn't guess that!

A find at a yard sale, though I have the original set as well, a
gift from my mother-in-law.

One of those really nice glass ornaments.

A fuzzy Santa Mouse.

A mouse on a snowball and a stuffed Santa Mouse.

One of the really cute ones that is not an ornament.

Technically a wizard, but he's one of my favorites.

He's rather huge, this big gray guy.

The following is the original Santa Mouse that I played with as a child. I believe my parents acquired it the year I was born and it was on their first tree. It was the only thing I asked my mother for before she died and I did not get it. I still do not have it; my brother did a few years ago but he has divorced and I don't know what became of it. Thrown out with the trash, I suppose.


The original Santa Mouse had great adventures with a sleigh and reindeer. As a child (and an adult) with an over-active imagination, Santa Mouse took on a persona of his own and swooped around the house at Christmas time.

____________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 476th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I have ornaments on my tree this year that I always admired on my mother's tree and after she died and I was in her house, I came across them in a bag. Now they hang on my tree. Your mice are cute. Good thing they aren't rats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute =not a creature was stirring but in your house yes

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great selection. I'm sorry you did not get your first Santa Mouse back. My most cherished ornament is a flocked Santa given to me by my maternal grandmother for my first Christmas. My sisters and I each were allowed to pick out one new ornament every year. Added to those made or received as gifts, we each had a nice selection for our own trees when we finished school. My T13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute. Thanks for sharing your collections with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another mouse lover. Yay! Love it! 😍 Thank you for sharing your little mice.
    I'll pick a favorite, it's the smooth silver mouse.
    I'm sorry you didn't get to have your favorite mouse. That was such an easy thing for someone to do, too. *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.